Questions For ALL Local Election Candidates

Started by Jamescampbell78, May 03, 2014, 09: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DRiddle

Have you really nothing better to do? Your trolling is woeful by the standards I'm used to on this site.

SRMoore

Hi James, apologies for the delay in getting back to you.
I have absolutely no problem answering any questions or criticisms you may have, despite me standing in a different ward. I do however prefer to meet people in person so I'd be more than happy to call around if you'd stick the kettle on (my only request) or meet you at your local watering hole.
More can be discussed and a better judgement can be made in person.

I'm free most evenings this week so please feel free to contact me via PM, email or twitter. The same goes to anybody else, especially if you live in the Hart ward.

the_exile

Shane, wouldnt be surprised if you rocked up at Harry's gaff, not entirely sure these two arent one and the same ;-)
;)

or Jamesy wont have the time to come and meet you, too busy, not around or any other excuse used by these keyboard warriors

Jamescampbell78

Shane,

Happy to meet up somewhere. Given your ward neighbours the one I live in, it's important that myself and others in neighbouring wards are able to get an insight into your thinking. Will have a look at my diary once I'm back in the office tomorrow and sort something out.

Exile - I'm most definitely not Harry, I'm sure Harry would be quite offended by the notion that he'd use a pseudonym. Happy to meet you too if it proves the point.

steveL

I'm afraid that I know more about what's going on in the local Tories than Shane does.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Jamescampbell78

The question is about personal opinions, thoughts and ideas not what a party line is.

DRiddle

QuoteThe question is about personal opinions, thoughts and ideas not what a party line is.

James, surely you realise those two things are not mutually exclusive?

Joanathan Brash has his personal opinion on questions members of the public were allowed to ask in council.

Keith Fisher has his personal opinion on the future of the hospital.

Some of the Labour lot didn't agree with the alcohol licence in the cafe in the cemetery.

Paul Beck (apparently) didn't agree with the gypsy site being placed at Hart.

Do you see a pattern emerging here?

What part did 'the party line' play in those situations?

Interested

Jimmy are you voting this year or not? - simple question, choice of two answers, either YES or NO.
Nothing else required.

For one who rigorously denounced voting at all you have suddenly found or rekindled a very healthy appetite for local elections.

Between you and Harry you were both very adamant that the NO vote was the only way forward and we all spent an inordinate amount of time reading about your reasons on here.

Your choice Jimmy and your right, however why the sudden u turn, questions, questions and more questions.  STRANGE

Now your planning cosy little chats with candidates to gather their views, are you slowly being turned, is their a chink in your armour, have you realised that only by voting will we all have a voice?

I have asked the question before, are you voting?

The Great Dictator

James is Harry, he used to use these non-de-plumes when he was a reporter at the Mail.

Jamescampbell78

David,

That's partly what I'm trying to draw out.

Interested:

QuoteMican - If someone in my ward comes up with answers that I like,  demonstrate they're thinking in the way I'd expect someone representing me to think and convince me that they effect positive change then yes I'll vote for them.

There's my answer and buried somewhere in the infamous 30 odd page blog I am on record as saying the same thing.

Great Dictator: I will bet you £5,000 here and now that I'm not Harry and am prepared to meet you any time and any place to prove the point. I'll even buy the drinks since I'll be collecting.

Also note I'm on pre-mod again, why?

Interested

TGD I don't think he is , Jimmy is his own person and not Harry.

With all of the constant trolling and constant questions directed and targeted at certain individuals and parties people are becoming paranoid.

Harry started the process and ive no doubt he is pulling Jimmy's strings but he isn't Jimmy.........is he James?

I know Jimmy and realitively well ??????????

DRiddle

I don't really care who is really who, hiding behind whatever names and such like. I just find it utterly bizarre that Mr Blackwood claims to be an investigative journalist yet seems fixated with me and why I left my old job.

Judging by some of the stories broken by The Hartlepool Post over recent months, one would have thought there's plenty to go around in terms of meaningful investigation.

Yet this week Harry has been trying to find out whether me allegedly drawing a moustache on a photo of a colleague played any part in me leaving.

Only in Hartlepool...

The Great Dictator

Thats about the sum total of his achievements as a reporter.

steveL

I make of it that it's talking about councillors in Australia
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.