Questions For ALL Local Election Candidates

Started by Jamescampbell78, May 03, 2014, 09: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jamescampbell78

Right this one goes out to ALL election candidates.  I'm going to try and contact as many as possible over the next few days and point this thread and invite them to venture an opinion.

The questions are a bit blue sky and general in scope but I've tried to make them so that any candidate, no matter what their ward can answer them.  I've posed them so that anyone reading can get an idea of how the candidates are thinking and how what that means for their ward if that person is elected.

So given the opportunity, what would you do to improve the following in Hartlepool?

·   Council Funding/Budgets/Level of Council Debt

·   Creating Jobs & Encouraging Investment in Hartlepool

·   Roads & Infrastructure

·   Public Transport

·   Healthcare

·   Crime & Policing

Inspector Knacker

Could you print all the replies on here at the same time.... for a level playing field......then we can sit back and enjoy the waffle fest from the incumbents.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

DRiddle

Good luck with that James. There are 40 odd candidates, I'd say around half of which are 'paper candidates', most of whom wouldn't even know where to start in answering the questions you've listed.

In the past, some paper candidates have apparently been completely unaware they were even candidates until their name appeared on the list.

The only meaningful dialogue you get on here from actual candidates (this years ones) seems to be from either myself or Steve Latimer.

fred c

I can tell you what the 3 sitting councilors in the Manor Ward can tell you on a couple of those points.

We have plenty of Money, Thats why we were able to waste £1.5 Million on the town plan.

Spent £300,000 on Parking in the Ward Not Where I Live They Haven`t

Fully Supportive of the New Hospital at Wynyard

Created Jobs at the Cafe In The Crem

Provide a World Class Bus Service

Crime is being Reduced

In several of those comments i jest............. But the difficulty with the questions is basically, that people standing for the first time don`t have access to many of the details required to anwer the questions.

How for instance can a Candidate answer a question about the Big Tin Shed...... It was purchased under the notorious "Pink Paper" aka.... Secret Squirrel System.

How could a candidate answer any questions relating to the "Latest Peer Group Report" on the performance of Hartlepool & it`s council..... It has been hidden away somewhere within the civic.

"The Mob" appear to run the town on a "Need To Know Basis", i am certain that some of the decisions made by "The Dear Leader" & his Inner Circle are abhorrent to a number of Labour Councilors, but they are Hamstrung by the "Do As I Say" not "Do As I Do" attitude that is operated by the Dear Leader & Handsome Ste

steveL

The Labour leadership don't allow their sheep to post on this forum though there have been several attempts to post covertly. So the trawl for responses will be very limited.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Mican

Quote from: Jamescampbell78 on May 03, 2014, 09: PM
Right this one goes out to ALL election candidates.  I'm going to try and contact as many as possible over the next few days and point this thread and invite them to venture an opinion.

The questions are a bit blue sky and general in scope but I've tried to make them so that any candidate, no matter what their ward can answer them.  I've posed them so that anyone reading can get an idea of how the candidates are thinking and how what that means for their ward if that person is elected.

So given the opportunity, what would you do to improve the following in Hartlepool?

·   Council Funding/Budgets/Level of Council Debt

·   Creating Jobs & Encouraging Investment in Hartlepool

·   Roads & Infrastructure

·   Public Transport

·   Healthcare

·   Crime & Policing

Do you honestly think you will get replies from all the candidates to this, if any.

Now lets just suppose they all replied with suitable answers, would this change your mind on voting?

clav 73

James when where u appointed as chief of hartlepool
What on earth makes you think they will answer any of your questions especially the ones not standing in your ward

This seem to me your going as if your hoping certain people respond so you can jump on them again

For a man with no intention of voting you are making a lot of noise demanding answers

Jamescampbell78

David,

You forgot to add Shane Moore to that list of people who provide meaningful dialogue.

I'm going to ask if other candidates are prepared to post their answers themselves on here but if I get any answers out of them by other means I'll put them here too.

Should make for interesting debate and insight into the people who are put forward and expect people to support them with a vote.

Mican - If someone in my ward comes up with answers that I like,  demonstrate they're thinking in the way I'd expect someone representing me to think and convince me that they effect positive change then yes I'll vote for them.

Mican

Quote from: Jamescampbell78 on May 04, 2014, 12: PM

Mican - If someone in my ward comes up with answers that I like,  demonstrate they're thinking in the way I'd expect someone representing me to think and convince me that they effect positive change then yes I'll vote for them.

At last someone giving a simple answer to a simple question.

Jamescampbell78

I've started contacting other candidates on this.

David Riddle and Steve Latimer, do you intend to answer this?

DRiddle

When I get around to it yes. I'm busy campaigning. I won't be spending time this morning at least on a long drawn out answer to try to pander to someone who by his own admission doesn't even vote.

How are you getting on with answers from other candidates James? Have you even had a reply yet?

steveL

I can only speak for myself and for my part the answer is no - mostly because I think you're a complete a*r**o** and an embarrassment to your mother.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Jamescampbell78

David,

Joanne Banks has said she would answer but given it's a bank holiday I doubt I'll be hearing today.

Appreciate you're all very busy but it could be a great campaign opportunity to get your ideas out there.

Steve - That's another personal insult you've hurled in my direction. You're entitled to your opinion and I have thick skin. Thanks for confirming you're not going to bother though.

DRiddle

Jo is out canvassing around the De Bruce area. I'm busy organising campaign methods not seen before in Hartlepool at local level.

We may not win, but we're going to make damn sure other parties have to WORK for people's votes this year.

pensionater

What you doing different Driddle getting Bailey to make old ladies vote for PHF?.Or is Bilton shoving his nob through letter boxes.