Change to No 6 Bus Route

Started by tankerville, January 31, 2014, 03: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tankerville

Where in this vision is a mention of a bus service after 6.30pm ? Dream On. It will never happen.

no6bus

Quote from: tankerville on January 31, 2014, 03: PM
Where in this vision is a mention of a bus service after 6.30pm ? Dream On. It will never happen.

Watch this space, rumours of a service 6 from Easter from the town to clavering linking up with the 7and 36

steveL

oh that should make for a nice photo-shoot just in time for the May elections.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

tankerville

Jacksons landing ice rink has been suggested a number of times both on this posting and in the local press it was decided long past that it would not be viable.

Durham ice rink closure highlighted this Billingham Forum is a far better proposition with a rail & bus service right to it's door.

We come up with all these wonderful idea's 'but' would people even contemplate going there 'Jackson Landing'  in the dark on foot?...I think not.

There are many who do not have their own transport and rely totally on local bus services, however the new link to Clavering will be great news to those that live on the Headland. Rossmere. Owton Manor Etc.

notenoughsaid

With regards to the recent posts re the No.6 bus from Tankerville and No6bus I welcome the  prospect of a later service to the North end of the town.   However after talking to a local "Stagecoach" driver I understand a shorter route is proposed. From what he said it will enter the town from Clavering along the same route until the former Odeon where it will turn left and pass the Millhouse and the Grand Hotel stopping outside of the Heart Foundation Charity shop. (It is at this point it will link with No 7 and No 36  routes.)  The 6 will then travel up to York Rd. and return to Clavering turning right at the lights.   At least this will provide a town centre link for Clavering and West View.

no6bus

Quote from: no6bus on January 31, 2014, 08: PM
Quote from: tankerville on January 31, 2014, 03: PM

Watch this space, rumours of a service 6 from Easter from the town to clavering linking up with the 7and 36

Hence my posting the above

mk1

I understand it was said during this  presentation that the Council do not charge  (and never have)  the Bus Operators to use the Transpost Interchange. As with anything they say I would need confirmation from another source before accepting the claim.

Inspector Knacker

Sorry, but didn't we have a No.6 bus that ran from Clavering to South Fens.....? It looks like we're getting half a service...if it went all the way to South Fens it would be competing with the Stockton based 36...and we couldn't possibly have that.... it will slso require paying twice as you change buses ..... marvellous.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

notenoughsaid

Sorry Riddler5..... as my posting name suggests "not enough was said " I failed to mention that as far as I am aware the day time No6 will be as normal. It will be the evening buses that take the short route. I suppose we will have to wait and see.

Further to the above I have heard it said Stagecoach may reconsider this decision following our MP discrediting them regarding limited disabled access. (something which I have always thought worked well)    At last we may have something to thank him for!!!   Again time will tell.     

no6bus

Not quite, they had second thoughts after the council allowed free parking in the run up to christmas. The drivers were annoyed at the little runts comments. It looks like the short service 6 will come in roundabout Easter, we are still waiting for confirmation.

tankerville

There are still large areas of the town without a bus link Burbank nearest bus Marina. Park Road no longer has a bus service yet traffic is prevented from turning left or right as is Grange Road No bus service.

From it's inception Stagecoach informed H.B.C. it would not be using the Interchange I think the point of access / departure was not thought suitable or viable.

Without a proper town wide bus service how can they H.B.C. hope to have any vision for the future?

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: tankerville on February 04, 2014, 05: PM

From it's inception Stagecoach informed H.B.C. it would not be using the Interchange I think the point of access / departure was not thought suitable or viable.

Of course they did, because they knew it was the wrong place to build it, which despite the fancy name and ridiculous cost, are basically a couple of bus shelters in a layby
The only lesson I've learnt from this farce is never to ask anyone with an 'ology' to be allowed anywhere near projects like this.... It's a triumph of arrogant theory over blatant practicality.... heralded by people to whom using a bus is an alien experience
Anyone remember the ludricous announcement that it was going to revolutionise the job prospects of people in Hartlepool.....? You have to laugh.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.