Coronation Drive Landfill

Started by tankerville, December 20, 2013, 12: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tankerville

Went along Coronation drive this morning large vehicles piling earth on landfill site, now making it even higher. I thought that there was a limitation to the height set by H.B.C and that height was reached some time ago.

It would appear that we have someone going up a hill and coming down a mountain.

There must be plenty of H.B.C. officers & councillors are aware of this taking place yet still it's allowed to happen. Why?

fred c

Quote from: tankerville on December 20, 2013, 12: PM
Went along Coronation drive this morning large vehicles piling earth on landfill site, now making it even higher. I thought that there was a limitation to the height set by H.B.C and that height was reached some time ago.

It would appear that we have someone going up a hill and coming down a mountain.

There must be plenty of H.B.C. officers & councillors are aware of this taking place yet still it's allowed to happen. Why?

Tank........ I had reason to ring HBC and speak to a council officer last week with regards to Coronation Drive.

The Sea Front Landfill is finally being "Capped Off" & i would think the mounds of earth you mention are probably something to do with that process.

All we need now is for someone to "Stop" the horrible rotting smell that emanates from some processing plant or other that operates in the area.

Inspector Knacker

CoronationDrive itself is and has been for a long time been a disgrace with the road surface resembling the Somme....... pavements and lamp posts engrained with mud.... just when is going to end...?
Only in Hartlepool could a location like this be turned over to such an undesirable industry ..... anywhere else would have exploited this site much more  sympathetically... we get unlimited filth.... no real surprise  there though.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

stokoe

Can i just say for the last fortnight they have been taking truck loads of earth from the old council yard in tanfield road site, backwards and forwards all day so thats where its being taken to,former employee said there was all sorts dumped in that yard/fields  for years so god knows.

tankerville

I walk my dog near to this spoil heap 'sorry landfill' and the stench that eminates from it,  is disgusting everyone on the beach makes comment about it.

Yet just a short distance away a new housing complex is nearing completion in Mainsforth Terrace what will it be like in the 'summer months' with doors and windows open for 'fresh' air.?

Welcome to Hartlepool.  I think not!

fred c

Lots of people pass comment on the awful stench that wafts about from somewhere between Newburn Bridge & Tesco, depending on the direction of the wind direction.

Like most things people often comment but, when push comes to shove they don`t "Do" anything about it & that includes Tesco themselves, it would certainly help matters if they as a Major Retailer in the town complained.

The other problem with this is, Who do you complain to about the problem, you are wasting your time phoning HBC environment officer, i can say from personal experience that their hands are tied.

The best people to contact are the Environment Agency themselves, i am not convinced even they can do anything about the problem, but the more people that call them & give details of the time & when & where they smell the stench the more chance there is of them being able to actually do something about it.

They "Log" all complaints & it stays on record so the more people that complain the better.....

Environment Agency         0800 807060