wow. New pub at Belle Vue/Brenda Road

Started by stokoe, July 04, 2013, 05: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Private Fraser

It's worrying that other pubs are closing at a rate of knots but good that someone is investing. I hope it's not a "Hungry Horse" though, not that close to a likely Travellers site, may give the wrong impression!
"Those who are capable of tyranny are capable of perjury to sustain it."

stokoe

Quote from: ARC86 on July 05, 2013, 01: PM
It's sited next to Stagecoach HQ

As the Secretary of the Belle Vue Way Social Club, I will be raising no objections, it's refreshing to hear of another pub opening, i'll put good money that you won't be able to get a better quality or cheaper beer than at our place though  ;) ;)

well arc86 planning as been approved. ;)

ARC86

Excellent news.. it is very encouraging when you consider how far the industry has  declined over the past two decades.. good luck to whoever ends up running it i wish them all the best and will be popping in to sample some beers.. the best way to halt the decline would be to stop supermarkets selling beer at less than purchase price and bring in the minimum unit charge

i do wish they would hurry up with the widening of the road and drainage work at b&q roundabout though

no6bus

Quote from: ARC86 on September 19, 2013, 11: AM
Excellent news.. it is very encouraging when you consider how far the industry has  declined over the past two decades.. good luck to whoever ends up running it i wish them all the best and will be popping in to sample some beers.. the best way to halt the decline would be to stop supermarkets selling beer at less than purchase price and bring in the minimum unit charge

i do wish they would hurry up with the widening of the road and drainage work at b&q roundabout though

If you think it's bad now wait until they start on the work reshaping the roundabout, months they are talking about starting mid october

ARC86

Your joking.. it will be absolute chaos.. its bedlam now were down to one lane coming from seaton.. im gonna have to find an alternative route cos i wont be sitting in that every night

SRMoore

Already bedlam? Queuing traffic? I hadn't really noticed. The benefits of riding to work and back ARC ;)

ARC86

Shane your already in York Road before i get off the roundabout.. even seen youbas far as Raby Road.. bloody traffic eh

no6bus

Quote from: ARC86 on September 19, 2013, 05: PM
Your joking.. it will be absolute chaos.. its bedlam now were down to one lane coming from seaton.. im gonna have to find an alternative route cos i wont be sitting in that every night

we will have to go to seaton to get to the headland and clavering to get to our start point and the service 1 will need a calendar not a timetable

ARC86

Your spot on no6bus surely they will have to re-route maybe along Seaton Lane and down and Stockton Road Past the golden bird to re join stockton road at the sydenham road junction

no6bus

That is one of the options being looked at but the traffic at the lodge on a tea time is bad now wait till the buses are going that way as well.

ARC86

Very very true it is gonna end up organised chaos

stokoe

Christ came home a 2pm the traffic was chaos,god knows what its like at this minute.

ARC86

I finished at 4 it was fine getting to the roundabout from work then you can only turn right and the traffic up belle vue way to turn into stockton road was horrendous so had to go up brierton lane and along catcote road then down oxford road, quite a diversion!!

stokoe

This made me smile from the planning permission thats been passed,thinking about the fattys in lederhosen in germany,if they open this place do you think it will be in there cowboy chaps  ;D

junction of
Belle Vue Way and
Brenda Road
(Hungry Horse)
HARTLEPOOL

Display of 4 externally illuminated fascia signs, 4 x 3 dimensional floodlit horse shoe logos, one internally illuminated totem sign, two internally illuminated amenity boards, one brass lantern, one panel sign, 2 non illuminated free standing double side poster frames, one tray amenity board and one non illuminated panel sign

DRiddle

Wow, with all those illuminated signs certain councillors will be worried about shipping tankers passing 20 miles off shore potentially being distracted...  ::)