Matt Haycox and Pools

Started by mk1, January 05, 2017, 06: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mk1

Talking of dodgy deals:

http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/alfie-smith-s-delight-as-generous-entrepreneur-calls-in-to-honour-16-000-pledge-1-8315589

The cause is good but the donation is  from the bloke/firm who  has lent money to Hartlepool United to finance their  Property Development 'Masterplan' to buy the Mill House site and build Houses and shops.

Matt Haycox runs a Wonga style Finance Company and the Pools bloke said he chose this type of loan in preference to a normal bank loan as it meant he could get the money in 2 or 3 days-quite why he needed it so  quickly was never explained but there have been 3 winding Up orders issued against Pools by the taxman recently.

With all this cash flying around I expect The SCABs and Cranney are thinking up ways to tap in to the replacement for NiRAMAX

http://matt-haycox.com/lifestyle/

I've loved working with Hartlepool football club to secure funding to follow in the footsteps of Arsenal and Reading FCs – into property development.

The financing deal has been provided by myself along with Access Commercial Finance. I love working on challenging and time sensitive deals, and having the chance to do it for someone as high profile as Hartlepool FC and getting to see how this will impact on the local community is very exciting.

The Hartlepool owner & chairman, Gary Coxall and his team have been a pleasure to work with and I hope this is the start of many deals for us in the football world.

The club plans to bid on the land currently occupied by the Mill House Leisure Centre adjacent to the 7856 capacity Victoria Park ( also known as the Northern Gas and Power Stadium) with their long term plan being to develop 130 houses and mixed use retail units on the land.

Not only will the new development boost the local economy, but the council will be paid enough to both relocate and improve the leisure centre.

Gary told me: ''This will be a big step towards securing and stabilising the future of Hartlepool. At the same time, we'll be providing new homes, jobs, retail outlets and improving the leisure centre.'

Gary also shared what it was like working with Access and I. He said: 'I'm not interested in dealing with big banks. You can never talk to the decision maker, you can never get an answer right away. Things move fast in football and property and Access provided us the funding we needed 3 days after the 1st call!

But what will the fans make of the news? Those who understand football and want Hartlepool to survive into the long term should be pleased.

Coxall concluded:, ''This isn't about greedy owners lining their pockets, but about making a club secure for the long term. In football, you make money on match days, through transfers and sponsorship. We can't compete with bigger clubs on most of that, and we could just say 'We're putting the ticket prices up' but who will that help? We're looking at making the club self sustaining through property development so that prices don't have to go up, not now and not in the long term. We've said from the start our plans are to grow Hartlepool United whilst maintaining the strong community links and this project will benefit the community so much that those links can only be strengthened.'

Steely Dan

Good work MK. What a pity the Hartlepool Mail didn't do a bit of research on this bloke. Took me two minutes to find this.

http://www.examiner.co.uk/news/west-yorkshire-news/business-ban-lap-dancing-club-owner-4987964

Of you want strippers or cheap chocolate, he's your man.

The Mail is a disgrace.

Pool fans should be very, very worried

seaton

Quote from: Steely Dan on January 05, 2017, 07: AM
Good work MK. What a pity the Hartlepool Mail didn't do a bit of research on this bloke. Took me two minutes to find this.

http://www.examiner.co.uk/news/west-yorkshire-news/business-ban-lap-dancing-club-owner-4987964

Of you want strippers or cheap chocolate, he's your man.

The Mail is a disgrace.

Pool fans should be very, very worried

If your are a Pools fan you become part of the Supporters Trust.
http://hufcsupporterstrust.org.uk/

marky

Interesting stuff. Note the Mail's loose use of the word 'entrepreneur'. The bit I can't figure is if he's banned from running companies, how come he's involved with Pools?

mk1

Quote from: marky on January 05, 2017, 10: AM
Interesting stuff. Note the Mail's loose use of the word 'entrepreneur'. The bit I can't figure is if he's banned from running companies, how come he's involved with Pools?

The Mail know full well about him. You would have to be wilfully blind not to be able to find out with even the most cursory Google. If you think his resume is bad check out the current shower who actually own Hartlepool. The football section takes up around half of the current Mail and Joy has decided to stay well in with the  Pools Mafia and pander to the fans. Perhaps we can see her find her true calling when she jumps on the 'Hollwood Studio' bandwagon and secures a place as a local extra who corners all the 'brassy blonde' parts in upcoming productions

crisstw

mickys19

One top deffo keep an eye on this.

Information from companies house about Hartlepool United Football Club Limited shows 3 charges recently. (one could be a duplicate)

Access Finance
Sage Investments

So it looks like club using these companies to generate cash to fund land purchase....

Might be OK, but history says this doesn't normally end well...

mk1

Quote from: mickys19 on January 09, 2017, 09: AM
One top deffo keep an eye on this.

Information from companies house about Hartlepool United Football Club Limited shows 3 charges recently. (one could be a duplicate)

Access Finance
Sage Investments

So it looks like club using these companies to generate cash to fund land purchase....

Might be OK, but history says this doesn't normally end well...

It looks like the original loan from the Wonga bloke was a desperate  search to find  money to pay the tax bill and the later loan was being negotiated but was agreed too late for the court date. Be interesting to see if they pay off the Wonga loan with the new money.

Exiled Poolie

From digging around on various company research tools I have access (no pun intended) to, Matt Haycox is certainly banned as acting as a Director of any company until 2022. However, it appears that he is working as a "consultant" for Access Commercial Finance, which is an FCA regulated company that trades under several names, owned by a Terry Fisher. The money lent to Pools will not be a regulated activity, however. I have a fair degree of working knowledge of the finance sector and whilst I don't have any specific knowledge of this firm, for a company to resort to borrowing from this sort of business is usually not one of choice; ie Pools are clearly desperate for funds and it will not come cheap in terms of interest and consequences should the club default.
Turning to JPNG, I have never believed for one minute that this is a successful business ever since the takeover was announced. Its website is not regularly updated and its so-called office in Dubai is a PO Box. Its Head Office in Ilford is a dump of a building. No accounts appear to have ever been posted for the business or for its other subsidiary company. As most people are already aware of, Gary Coxhall who is a 50% shareholder, is a discharged bankrupt with a string of unsuccessful directorships behind him. I do not understand his motives behind owning Pools, perhaps he thinks he can make a killing out of developing the land. However, for someone who has never run a successful business in his life, how anyone thinks he is going to make a successful business out of Pools is beyond me.
Even the incompetent fools who run HBC will surely never sell the ground to this charlatan?

fred c

Haycox's business acumen would appear to be on the same level as Craney's.......... HBC are more than capable of giving away another lump of public realestate away for nowt.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: Exiled Poolie on January 09, 2017, 02: PM

Even the incompetent fools who run HBC will surely never sell the ground to this charlatan?
There are those who hope or even believe they won't, but never say never. If the circumstances are right, I believe they will. Also, what bearing will the formation of the new and unnecessary Tees Valley authority have on things, I suspect as time goes by they'll have a bigger and bigger say on things. Wasn't the unmourned Toxic on Tees County Council always after money off the club ?
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Land Phil

I can see the Jackson's Landing site being given away to a developer in a couple of years too, in the interests of the town of course.

not4me

another day, another manager. Something of a gathering storm for the club here.