Sunday Politics - Tees Valley Mayor

Started by steveL, January 15, 2017, 02: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveL

Sunday Politics suggesting our very own Cllr Tennant is to be UKIP's candidate for the Tees Valley Mayor.....kinda explains UKIP's abstention on holding a referendum on whether we actually wanted one or not.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

mk1

Quote from: steveL on January 15, 2017, 02: PM
Sunday Politics suggesting our very own Cllr Tennant is to be UKIP's candidate for the Tees Valley Mayor.....kinda explains UKIP's abstention on holding a referendum on whether we actually wanted one or not.

UKIP, like all political parties. only want 'the people' to make decisions when they believe it will deliver the result they want.

Let us rember this is a man of his word. A man who would never make a promise he had no intention of keeping. A man who would resign if his promises could not be delivered.

He has not the remotest chance of getting elected.

Steely Dan

He seeme to appear from nowhere. Obviously another political chancer

fred c

Quote from: steveL on January 15, 2017, 02: PM

Yeah they sat there like 6 Little Indians when the Tees Valley Referendum motion came up for debate, now we know why they abstained..........they must have a cunning plan  ;)

Inspector Knacker

They certainly did do nothing, but let's not forget the ones did vote for it.
You're shouting at the kid whose kicked a ball at your window while the burglars are walking out the back door with your goods.
Do what I do, ignore them. They have no power and their crash test dummies performance is hardly going to inspire the electorate.
Concentrate your artillery on the real target, not the sheep bleating loudly.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

fred c

They displayed the same hypocrisy as CAB, SAB & the rest of the ruling coalition.... end of...... good of you to remind me what I should be concentrating on.

jeffh

I don't whether I missed something, but what was the process around who the Hartlepool candidate for the TVCA is?

fred c

I don't think there was a process, i think it must be a 'Party by Party' decision apart from any Indies who fancy their chances.
There is something inherrently wrong in having a form.of government imposed on almost 700,000 people without consulting them about it.
Time will tell, but there will be a whole bunch of beaurocrats who will end up with extremely lucrative employment without being elected...... a bit like Foster & we all know what a good job he has made of health care in Hartlepool.

not4me

not a case of a 'Hartlepool' candidate as the political parties across Teesside deciding who their candidate will be

Land Phil

Chance of somebody from Hartlepool getting voted in must be somewhere between nowt and nil.

jeffh

Quote from: fred c on January 16, 2017, 10: AM
I don't think there was a process, i think it must be a 'Party by Party' decision apart from any Indies who fancy their chances.
There is something inherrently wrong in having a form.of government imposed on almost 700,000 people without consulting them about it.
Time will tell, but there will be a whole bunch of beaurocrats who will end up with extremely lucrative employment without being elected...... a bit like Foster & we all know what a good job he has made of health care in Hartlepool.
OK - bit like the EU Commission then? - thanks for the explanation