Planning Application.

Started by mk1, April 02, 2013, 04: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mk1

I see Niramax have an  sh*it-burning planning application  before the council.

Any idea which fat*ty Belcher 'charidee' is being  lined up for a donation?

steveL

Is there a link to this? I don't seem to be abe to find it.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Stig of the Seaton Dump

There are some very well qualified objection letters.

They make good reading for anybody else considering making an objection to the application or other applications generally,

...well they would if HBC wasn't run by greedy good for nothings. 
I don't believe it.

SRMoore

It sounds like this planning application relates to this story
http://m.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/local/site-plans-cause-concern-1-5012519

Whilst I agree with Ms Ryder that the landfill sites should not be there, the reality is that unfortunately they are there and if energy can be produced from a byproduct of the site then surely it is worth looking it.

steveL

I believe that the methane generated by sites like this has to be dissipated in someway otherwise it can cause an explosion risk late on. Normally it is just vented away but then methane is an even worse green house gas than CO2 so burning it to CO2 seems a better option. I thought we were talking about one of those God awful incinerators - God help us if Niramax ever get their hands on one of them.  ::)
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

fred c

Quote from: steveL on April 02, 2013, 08: PM
I believe that the methane generated by sites like this has to be dissipated in someway otherwise it can cause an explosion risk late on. Normally it is just vented away but then methane is an even worse green house gas than CO2 so burning it to CO2 seems a better option. I thought we were talking about one of those God awful incinerators - God help us if Niramax ever get their hands on one of them.  ::)

I was under the Impression that it was an Incinerator ( Hence the Deletion of my Post).

Still heard the whisper of the Veyron tho

Stig of the Seaton Dump

Remember the incinerator that burnt rubbish at Portrack lane, vile smell, smoke and eyesore ...lets hope it doesn't degenerate into having something like that in the middle of our town.
I don't believe it.