Another one bites the dust ...

Started by Lucy Lass-Tick, March 25, 2013, 06: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucy Lass-Tick

steveL

". . . measures have been put in place to ensure that this type of behaviour is not repeated"

oh dear, not that old egg again - I think this one is number 53 in the 'Phrases to Use When You're in the S**t' manual issued to all public sector managers.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

rabbit

rabbit

steveL

Quote from: rabbit on March 25, 2013, 07: PM
Please explain,,,,,,,,,,

The same line of mitigation is often used by managers of many different public sector organisations. Locally, its use is most often heard from The Hospital Trust and the One Life Centre but more widely, we've heard it over anything from the Staffordshire Hospital Business to the phone hacking scandal.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

rabbit

Yes I got that Steve but I don`t follow Lucy`s remark re not promoted because of sex discrimination tack.

Admittedly the new C.C is a woman but the newspaper report`s subject matter is really about the previous DCC Derek Bonnard "biting the dust"

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: rabbit on March 26, 2013, 12: PM
Yes I got that Steve but I don`t follow Lucy`s remark re not promoted because of sex discrimination tack.

Admittedly the new C.C is a woman but the newspaper report`s subject matter is really about the previous DCC Derek Bonnard "biting the dust"

Perhaps this piece from the Evening Gazette (11.3.13) will clarify the comment.

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/teesside-news/2013/03/11/derek-bonnard-sues-cleveland-police-over-claim-he-was-overlooked-for-top-job-84229-32965878/

rabbit

Lucy,

Thanks for that. I was unaware of the claim by Bonnard re sexual discrimination for the appointment of CC.

There is a policy too in the Labour party at least to improve the ratio of female MPs. and to achieve this there has to be a positive bias in favour of women`s selection.

I guess this may apply in other areas of employment too, including the police force.

But to claim sexual discrimination would seem to be a waste of time and money.

steveL

I would guess that he's a bit miffed because he has missed out on what would have been his obvious next career step. Of course, if he and Price had not screwed the system for all it was worth then none of this would have happened and he would probably still be in line to take over from Price when the time came.

To me, all that this proves is that there is a God, after all; something that several other people I can think of might want to bear in mind.

marky

the words 'not fit for purpose' spring to mind.

fred c

Quote from: marky on March 26, 2013, 07: PM
the words 'not fit for purpose' spring to mind.

Thats the Chief Constable, Deputy Chief Constable, Chairman of the P.A & a Senior Finance Person all been very Naughty..... so yeah i think you could say "Not Fit For Purpose"

In a Private Sector Organisation the chances are you would be prosecuted, In the Public Sector the same rules don`t appear to apply.

steveL

I think you'll find that there's a lot more than that, fred. I think the last roll count was that at least 9 have been arrested under the Sacristy banner.

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/teesside-news/2013/03/22/nine-arrested-under-cleveland-police-corruption-probe-are-rebailed-84229-33039157/

fred c

Quote from: steveL on March 28, 2013, 10: AM
I think you'll find that there's a lot more than that, fred. I think the last roll count was that at least 9 have been arrested under the Sacristy banner.

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/teesside-news/2013/03/22/nine-arrested-under-cleveland-police-corruption-probe-are-rebailed-84229-33039157/

Thanks steveL

As Charlie Brown would say

Good Grief