Brash Letter

Started by Private Fraser, March 15, 2013, 10: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Private Fraser

http://www.hartlepoolpost.co.uk/index.php/10-news/councillors/182-brash-s-letter-to-ward-residents

"Whilst most Councillors do not claim on this entitlement, I do not feel that we should be putting in such a provision that could be open to abuse and that ordinary workers do not enjoy, particularly in these difficult economic times."

Is Mr Brash implying that there maybe some persons capable of being less than honest with council expenses?
"Those who are capable of tyranny are capable of perjury to sustain it."

for fawkes sake

As I understand it, Councillor Brash suggested councillors should only receive the 45p car mileage allowance recommended by the Inland Revenue but for some reason, seems happy enough for council staff to continue to receive the 52.2p that they currently receive. While applaud the initiative, I'm a little confused about the inconsistency.
"Remember, remember the fifth of November.
Gunpowder, Treason and Plot.
I see no reason why Gunpowder Treason
Should ever be forgot."

whatabouthisthen

Anything above 45p is taxable and should be taxed at the appropriate rate. They need to go to HR for the appropriate form so that it can be declared to HMRC. I wonder how many do so!

marky

heaven forbid but I would imagine that there's quite a few who would struggle to operate a calculator accurately.