Councillor inadvertently holds up wrong letter.......................

Started by mk1, March 13, 2013, 02: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mk1

The Great Dictator

It's hard living on £2 a day when you spend £10 a day on Foxy Bingo.com

You could always get a job ?

Rebel

What an interesting bunch of people.

Is it just me or do a lot of these signs not make much sense? I.e, lack of punctuation...

mk1

Quote from: Rebel on March 13, 2013, 05: PM

Is it just me or do a lot of these signs not make much sense? I.e, lack of punctuation...

It was a rush job and the girl doing the printing was told to 'pull out all the stops"........................

steveL

Maybe I'm old fashioned, but I would have thought that one way to support 'the working poor' i.e. those on minuimum wage, would be for their employers to at least make sure that they paid them.

I'm sure Angie would agree - well she would if she wasn't currently being taken to an Industrial Tribunal for non-payment of wages. Actually, there are several people, presumably non-family people, in Manor Residents who have been struggling to get paid for months.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

steveL

This is all that is needed to show that the Tories get their policies from the front page of The Daily Mail and that they have the same level of rational thought.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

for fawkes sake

This is such a dreadful piece of legislation; half-baked and ill-thought out. A campaign to promote down-sizing for those people who have already brought up their families and whose children have flown the nest would have been more than sufficient. Even then, only when suitable housing was available and at a time when people were themselves ready to make the move for their own beneficial reasons.

I do wish people would remember that these are not just houses but, in many cases, family homes, full of peoples memories. People are not cattle and they should not be treated as such. 
"Remember, remember the fifth of November.
Gunpowder, Treason and Plot.
I see no reason why Gunpowder Treason
Should ever be forgot."

Lucy Lass-Tick

The Mail's video of today's protest ... p.s. did Mr Akers- Belcher really intend to dress up as Napoleon? ...  ;)

http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/local/protest-against-bedroom-tax-1-5503385

tankerville

Labour Party rally hosted by Sgt Pepper & The Lonely Heart Club Band. What next.?

The X factor perhaps? Dancing on Ice 'maybe' or with the current state of affairs within the Labour Group...

POLICE CAMERA ACTION maybe quite a possibility.

Stig of the Seaton Dump

How can CAB talk about investment in Hartlepool, doesn't he spend the money he gets from taxpayers on world cruises ?
The S&CAB pair must spend more on one of their cruises than a family gets in benefits in a year.
Might as well have the Queen telling us times are hard.

As for bedroom tax, it is a wake up call that we the tax payer are about drained dry and the toffs in power are having to turn to desperate measures to fund their follies.

The new schools, HCFE,  OLC  etc. must have cost well over £100m maybe £200m and the fact people are suffering is testament to the fact the we could never afford them.

In my job we talk about hygiene factors, the things that have to be done before you consider what else can be done.
I don't think anybody in HBC or the government is aware of such things, otherwise they would have put peoples homes, maintaining hospitals and even resurfacing roads befofe the follies of £50m colleges.
I don't believe it.

marky

What an ignorant woman. Whether you approve of this policy or not, and persoanlly I don't, it's all about a reduction in housing benefit; not about an increase in tax. So how exactly does the phrase 'we ain't paying a single penny' come into it when no one is being asked to pay anything in the first place.

That's the technical point; and now for the more general point. Irrespective of the effects of this measure on low income people or families, is Angie herself planning on taking her own family back to the Bahamas this year and if so, will that be the 2nd or 3rd time?

Stig of the Seaton Dump

I wonder why nobody has piped up about benefits being paid to non UK resident families.

It seems more of an anomaly than the bedroom carry on.
I don't believe it.

fred c

Slightly OFF Topic i know.................... But where were  SAB.... Streaky Head....... The Porg..... Tempest & The rest of "The Mob" in this propaganda video, when an organised march in favour of "Keeping" The Hospital Open took place ??????

This video showed "The Mob" up, for exactly what they are...............A bunch of self serving no goods attempting to justify their positions as councillors.

DRiddle

Great minds.... (see latest comment on the mail video article).

stokoe

wish your reply was for all to see on the front of the hartlepool mail tomorrow night

bang on the button mr riddle.