The One life is the...

Started by Inspector Knacker, March 20, 2013, 02: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inspector Knacker

...subject of another  spread in the Mail tonight. We're treated to it's brief history, praise from a user which I found puzzling and the words .... 'This£20m development will benefit all Hartlepool residents by providing a range of health services on their own doorstep and ensuring that they only have to go to hospital if it is absolutely necessary' ...personally I'll settle for the hospital option, not the economy alternative thank you very much. By the way, if this concept is so brilliant, why don't they close down North Tees, that's one of those fuddy duddy old hospital things, they can have a Stockton One Life and become all modern and forward thinking like us in Hartlepool, it's the future of medicine dontcha know. I despair
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

steveL

It's this kind of compliant acceptance of its role as a depository for PR diarrhea that gives the Hartlepool Mail a bad name. Pieces like this should really carry the word 'advertisement' over the content.

The Mail has a choice - it either connects with the people or it connects to the Spin Doctors and its plummeting circulation would suggest that it has made the wrong choice.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.