Here we go again ...

Started by Stig of the Seaton Dump, March 11, 2013, 11: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stig of the Seaton Dump

http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/local/i-was-sent-home-with-a-broken-leg-1-5485908

It is laughable, certain fractures are difficult to diagnose ...I suppose they are if you don't use diagnostics like an x-ray !!!!

It would be nice to think her compensation would be taken out of the executive's pay.

I don't believe it.

steveL

Quote: "Ali Wilson, chief officer of NHS Hartlepool and Stockton-on-Tees Clinical Commissioning Group, said: "We are concerned about the distress the incident has caused Ms Reece.
"We are looking into the issues that have been raised with the provider and would welcome the opportunity to discuss this with Ms Reece."

A spokeswoman for North Tees and Hartlepool NHS Foundation Trust, said: "Certain types of hip fracture are extremely difficult to diagnose.
"We're pleased Ms Reece is making a good recovery and we are sorry feels let down by the care she received.
"We are keen to discuss her concerns and we will be getting in touch with her as soon as possible."

These people sound like automatons the way that they churn out the spin....not a smidgen of common humanity . . . or common sense, come to think of it.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Inspector Knacker

I've never quite worked out how we went from having a fully functioning hospital to a first aid post in a gaudily decorated box. ......... even more amazing is how the suits and nodding dogs tell us it's an improvement, never could work that one out,  having to travel a lot further for accesss to treatment never struck me as an improvement.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Stig of the Seaton Dump

ITV news were setting up outside OLC this morning.

..it generates more publicity for Hartlepool than the tall ships !
I don't believe it.

marky

Here's the gist of it:

"A woman from Hartlepool says she's disgusted after being sent home from the town's One Life Centre with a broken leg. Catherine Reece, 61, says she was in agony when she visited the centre after having a fall. But she claims the nurse sent her home with painkillers rather than sending her for an X-Ray in hospital.
Ms Reece then spent the next three weeks in acute pain until she finally went to hospital. There doctors told her she had broken her femur. And because the bone had started to heal it meant she's had to have a full hip replacement.She says if it had been spotted when she went to the One Life Centre, a hip replacement wouldn't have been necessary.
North Tees and Hartlepool NHS Foundation Trust runs the One Life Centre has apologised. It told ITV News:"Certain types of hip fracture are extremely difficult to diagnose.
"We're pleased Mrs Reece is making a good recovery and we are sorry she feels let down by the care she received. We are keen to discuss her concerns and we will be getting in touch with her as soon as possible.""

http://www.itv.com/news/tyne-tees/story/2013-03-12/broken-leg-missed-by-med-centre/

The Great Dictator

It should generate more interest than Tall Ships, it cost 500% more to build.

Inspector Knacker

Just a thought, but if an injury was difficult to diagnose, shouldn't the patient have been sent somewhere else that could?

Stig of the Seaton Dump

Didn't they try to tell us OLC was great ...by telling us it has an X-ray facility ?

I don't believe it.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: Stig of the Seaton Dump on March 12, 2013, 06: PM
Didn't they try to tell us OLC was great ...by telling us it has an X-ray facility ?
The whole OLC  concept is confusing. When you drive past it, it looks impressive, till you realise that it's a medical centre with a minor injuries unit tacked on, the title changed to urgent care, but what do they class as 'urgent' ...?
It looks the part, but as far as I'm concerned it's a poor substitute, despitr the reassurances frome suits.

tankerville

My doctors moved into One Life Centre from York Road Chadwick House Practice. I don't have to wait for an appointment it's a much better service than the old surgery. I can see a nurse without appointment.
If I require a X-Ray then that also is there in the centre.

However the minor injuries next door is completely different on arrival you are met with the witches of Eastwick. Handed a form and told to complete it and hand it back.

They have no record of your medical history.

Doctor and I use the term sparingly is like someone off M.A.S.H. Explain what the problem is with you then handed a couple of pain killers, sent on your way. Wonderful.. I'm Cured.

Sent home to wait for the Blue Flashing Lights and given an out of town trip to the green mile at North Tees as an emergency patient.

Someone is going to die how will they explain that?