Mail reports complaint against Councillor

Started by Lucy Lass-Tick, March 08, 2013, 12: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucy Lass-Tick

marky

"I thought he should know, for Mr Riddle's own protection, that he was going round making allegations that were untrue."

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Did he really say this? What a complete Dork........ if that's going to be his line of defence then he may as well be buying his ticket to North Korea now !

tankerville

IF I'ts brought to the standard committee there will be a big white-wash and cleared of any wrong doing, If this had been a councillor from outside of the Labour Group the tar & feathers would be ready and waiting. Or even a wooden cross with hammer & nails..

steveL

I'd agree with you there, Tank. Labour have had the Standards Committee stitched up for years and it's been used over and over again to score points on opposition councillors while their own have had effective immunity. Complaints can be spread out over years when they are only supposed to take a maximum of 6 months and, with a majority of labour councillors, there's never any realistic prospect of impartiallity.

You could argue that the Standards Committee was the first casualty in the move towards North Korean style politics in Hartlepool - of course, we've moved on quite a bit since then.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

The Great Dictator

I bet you didn't know that he taught at the very the same school in 1975, he came from college as a student teacher and only lasted 2 weeks.

If CAB had any balls he would throw him out of the party, his poor reputation follows him wherever he goes.

I hope you beat his ars* at the next election..

mk1

He was a very awkward gangly schoolkid. He  is knocking on 60 now but back then he was a cross between Mr Bean and the  stick-insect funny walk John Cleese!
I always imagined him better than the 2 fatties and the mad women but it seems I was wrong.
Good job Father Bell is not around to see how he  turned out.

tankerville

Councillor Hall always seemed to play second fiddle to Cllr Brash whenever there was something happening in the Burn Valley Ward his photograph was rarely if ever in the press whether that is a good thing It's not for me to comment.

But it would seem that a great opportunity for Pay Back to oust Cllr Brash & Partner leaving him a clear favourite for election 2014.

He could even drum up support for the other Burn Valley Labour Cllr.... Lauderdale to come second.

Lucy Lass-Tick

Somehow, I have a feeling that this may be haunting him long enough to merit exorcism ...        :o  ;)  ;D

DRiddle

Obviously as this matter is still an on going investigation of sort, I am not in a position to comment directly on the issue yet.

However, what I do feel I CAN say is that with regard to Councillor Hall offering to meet me, it is perhaps worth knowing that well before the story made the local press, I had contacted Councillor Hall directly via e-mail on this matter.

We were told in the most recent council meeting that e-mail would play a significant role in all future questions the public may wish to have with their elected councillors.

By that stage, Councillor Hall was in possession of my e-mail address, my telephone number (which i gave him in the e-mail) and my home address (easily accessed via the electoral roll).

He did not reply. 

steveL

They already have the microphone system in - all it really needs is a connection from the amp to a cassette recorder and someone to upload it to YouTube
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

tankerville

I understand that at a past Full Council meeting there was a issue that was on pink papers members of the public asked to leave, one chap said he went into the toilets and heard everything that was said through his hearing aid. Thank's to the Loop System.

Perhaps next time pink papers come up ???

whatabouthisthen

Oh dear tankerville, you have given the game away  ;)

SRMoore

I am in possession of a partial (audio only) recording of the said public question and subsequent answers. 

steveL

oooo..they'll have you for that bonnie lad  :-\

SRMoore

I wasn't present at the meeting. I was simply passed it ;)