Thank You

Started by DRiddle, March 03, 2013, 10: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DRiddle

Thank you for your personal messages of support regarding a recent issue. Obviously given the situation, I will not be commenting on this issue directly on this message board. However, rest assured that the matter is being dealt with via the appropriate channels. Thank you again for your support.

marky

Keep your spirits up, matey. The good guys will always out-number the bad guys.  :)

St Paul

The word being used is 'disgraceful' and it certainly is a disgrace that you have been put in this position by an elected councillor. This is indeed 'a new low' but I hope that, to use a well used phrase, you 'don't let the bas**ar*s grind you down.'

stokoe

sorry but what have i missed?....

Stig of the Seaton Dump

I don't believe it.

mk1

and the 'Teacher' being complained about posts here............

fred c

Quote from: DRiddle on March 03, 2013, 10: AM
Thank you for your personal messages of support regarding a recent issue. Obviously given the situation, I will not be commenting on this issue directly on this message board. However, rest assured that the matter is being dealt with via the appropriate channels. Thank you again for your support.

Apologise from myself DR..... i have been abroad for a few weeks with work, & having no access to the Tinternet i have been out on a limb with the local situation.

I have to  say i fully support your position & ethics, i attended the meeting & the way your questions were downgraded was a complete & utter disdrace, the bullying attitude shown by the Chairman was typical of "The Mobs" modus operandi.

I also believe that the action taken by one of "The Mob" in involving the questioners Head Teacher is the single most dispicable act by any of the tow rags & sh*tbags that masqerade as Labour Councillors.

DRiddle

Thanks Fred. I will maintain a dignified silence for now.  :-X

DRiddle

'Ch'i 'hu nan hsia pei'...

steveL

I think you can get cream for that . . .  ;)
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

The Great Dictator

Its nice with chips.

SRMoore

'Ch'i 'hu nan hsia pei' is an old Chinese proverb. Literally translated it means 'He who rides a tiger is afraid to dismount.'
Over time it's evolved slightly and is now associated with the metaphor that a person 'has a tiger by the tail'.
The problem with catching a tiger by the tail of course is it's a very naive and dangerous way to deal with the beast.  It soon becomes obvious to whoever has a tiger by the tail that they have made a major error in attempting to deal with a troublesome situation.
Do they hang onto the tail? And risk antagonising the tiger even more? Do they let go and thus risk a tiger on the loose that they them self have wound up?
Do they flee? Desperately hoping they can out run an animal that is likely to be a lot younger, sharper and hungrier than they are?
It really would be something of a 'pickle' should somebody ever find themselves in a position similar to this.
For example, imagine a scenario where a serving councillor had been questioned by a member of the public regarding perception about his or her conduct.
Imagine if a member of the public had gone through the correct channels and publicly questioned the councillor indirectly  regarding perceptions relating to his or her conduct.
All ok and reasonable so far? One would surely assume so? Yes?
Now imagine if said serving councillor had then made direct contact with the employer of the member of the public who publicly questioned the councillor.
Imagine if he had purposely informed the member of the public's boss about the question his employee had asked. Imagine if on top of that he had made the member of the public's boss, who has the power to fire him, aware that he or she (the councillor) was currently taking legal advice with a view to potentially pursuing litigation with regard to alleged defamation.
How would that be perceived by the wider general public?
To some, such a scenario could look like intimidation. It could look like an attempt by the councillor to abuse his position and put pressure on the career and livelihood of the member of the public concerned.
Somewhere in this scenario is a tiger.
Somewhere is this scenario one of the two people concerned has made that mistake of grabbing the tiger by the tail.
As stated earlier, the problem with such a scenario is that what you initially thought might quell the attack actually makes it even more dangerous. The tiger you have attempted to take on is now annoyed, angry, and is likely to be even more aggressive than was initially the case.
So you now find yourself with a dilemma. Do you let go, and hope to appease the tiger? Or do you continue to stand there, scared, knowing the aggressor is not going to go away?
How long do you stand there potentially making the situation worse and worse and worse?
How long do you stand there?
How long do you hold on? Desperately trying to keep control of the situation you yourself created. Just how long do you continue with this course of action?......tail in hand.
In my opinion, this appears to be one particular tiger that a certain Labour councillor appears to have significantly underestimated.
'hu nan hsia pei'

steveL

OK that's the Tigers dealt with, Shane - now let's talk Cuckoos  ;)
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

SRMoore

There is much to be said of the Anis Cuckoos' foraging methods, a method I am not partial to myself since I'm an austringer. But that is a discussion being had elsewhere.

steveL

Shouldn't that be 'anus'....... ?