As Low As It Gets

Started by steveL, March 02, 2013, 03: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucy Lass-Tick

Well said ... 2014 stands out like a beacon.  The current incumbents will have had a year to make a 'bindles' of the job (to use my late father's expression). This election could be most interesting, as PHF will doubtlessly be seen as an increasingly appealing option to a disgruntled electorate.

The Great Dictator

The Dark lord had very little to do with Blackwood's removal, it was more to do with the complaints by the public, Police, Fire brigade, Hospital, Council, MPs office, Gillan, Chamber of commerce, Garry Gibson, several schools, Stagecoach and the people who successfully sued the Mail during his tenure.

mk1

Quote from: The Great Dictator on March 12, 2013, 09: PM
The Dark lord had very little to do with Blackwood's removal,

Only one man could be so dumb....................
Drummond is back posting here!

It is a fact that on at least one occasion Mr Mandelson complained about Mr Blackwood to Roger Parry, non-executive chairman of Johnston Press. It is a fact that last November Mr Mandelson had a lengthy meeting with Tim Bowdler, chief executive of Johnston Press, in which he suggested that Mr Blackwood was trying to destroy him. It is a fact that three days after this meeting Mr Bowdler sent a letter to Mr Mandelson in which he referred to 'a threat' which Mr Mandelson had made. It is a fact that sources I have spoken to in Hartlepool dispute Mr Mandelson's contention that the Hartlepool Mail's coverage of the 2001 general election, and of the mayoral election last year, was biased.

Mind you cant say it didn't work. Today the Mail is right up Labour's ar*se and is the replacement for  Heartbeat.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: The Great Dictator on March 12, 2013, 09: PM
The Dark lord had very little to do with Blackwood's removal, it was more to do with the complaints by the public, Police, Fire brigade, Hospital, Council, MPs office, Gillan, Chamber of commerce, Garry Gibson, several schools, Stagecoach and the people who successfully sued the Mail during his tenure.
As you are able to name specific complainants, I take it you can therefore enlighten us as to the nature of their grievances....?
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

The Great Dictator

Mainly to do with inaccurate reporting and vile content, i liked him but the council alone complained over 10 times.

They also reduced the Mails income from £150,000 a year to £75,000 a year, i witnessed it happen.

Once again MK1 talks out of his ill informed butt hole.

mk1

Quote from: The Great Dictator on March 13, 2013, 12: AM
Mainly to do with inaccurate reporting and vile content, i liked him but the council alone complained over 10 times.

They also reduced the Mails income from £150,000 a year to £75,000 a year, i witnessed it happen.

All changed today. In order to keep the Council money rolling in Joy has 'sold' editorial control to the fat*ty Belchers

It would appear the Great Dick  thinks this a better Mail!

I can never understand  people using  american slang when we have our own perfectly good words.

Its 'ars*ehole' my dear.  If you forget then just look in the mirror to instantly remind yourself what one looks like.

Mandy did for Harry. Mandy the man twice turfed from office for peddling favours and the man who showed the fat*ty Belchers how to get the max via  the expenses gravy train.

Inspector Knacker

I'm afraid you failed to answer the question. You did specifically state sued successfully and named the complainants. Can you enlighten us to their nature?
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.