As Low As It Gets

Started by steveL, March 02, 2013, 03: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveL

I got increasingly annoyed as I wrote this . . . . what a contemptible snake  >:(

http://www.hartlepoolpost.co.uk/index.php/9-news/169-now-who-is-the-nasty-party
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

for fawkes sake

Truly Gob-Smacked.
What should happen now is that Labour should withdraw this grubby proposal without delay. If they want to have a go at Hall afterwards for cocking it up for them then that's their business but Hall's actions have totally betrayed and revealed what the proposal is all about. Disgraceful.
"Remember, remember the fifth of November.
Gunpowder, Treason and Plot.
I see no reason why Gunpowder Treason
Should ever be forgot."

Lucy Lass-Tick

And they all came tumbling down ...

Hazysky

I have never been so disgusted reading something in my entire life.

norfolkngoode

Quote from: Hazysky on March 02, 2013, 09: PM
I have never been so disgusted reading something in my entire life.

Me neither.... Who votes for these shameless F***ers?
'They don't like it up em'

mk1

It is a sign the Wilcox 'infection' is starting to impact on the other councillors. The excuse that it is 'nowt to do with me mate' isn't working any more and Hall is just trying to distance himself from the  inevitable fallout.
Hopefully the 2 fatties will be next...................

steveL

ah but it is something to do with Hall, isn't it? As the man who signed off that first year of accounts and the responsible portfolio holder, wasn't he the man best placed to spot that the ficticious second year accounts were a virtual facimile of his own work on the first year's accounts? How exactly did that fact slip him by?

I guess that's the main unanswered question, isn't it? Who was it exactly who said that the accounts of Manor Residents were in sufficiently good order for Angie's/Cranney's 'Who Cares (NE)' to be given the green light for that £640,000 contract?

Answers on a post card, please.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

The Great Dictator

Hall is fast becoming as unpopular as Russell Hart within those walls. He is despised as much as Mad Dog but not reviled as much as champagne Charlie Brash and his pretty wife Pammy whom were recently married at that posh castle in Scotland. The divide in the Labour party is now the size of Chelsea Ferguson's foo-foo and increasing, the silver fox and his WC [NE] sidekick have thrown Madges toys out of their pram, even the pearly queens have dispensed with her overbearing services. The s*it will hit the fan when dumbo goes back to Garlands in May and the power struggle begins although Ginger Thompson will stay in cabinet as Labours only stooge and may be joined by the Orson Wells, watch this space !

testing times

I was so shocked by this article that I called my wife over to read it too. Well done to HTH for alerting people to this disgraceful episode. I think Mr Hall should buy a ticket to North Korea where I'm sure he will feel far more at home.

marky

I've been a bit preoccupied these last few days and missed the latest developments but, cynical bastard as I am, this takes even my breath away. I'm interested in why a man with what I have always figured to be a reasonable level of intelligence could have done something so crass. Has he lost his senses?

St Paul

'Open and Transparent'

Are these the most meaningless words currently in use in Hartlepool Council?

john riddle

Well it maybe in everyone's best interests to attend the meeting on Wednesday 7pm at the Civic Centre. Must dust off my "old councillors" suit. I would have used my bus pass to come to the meeting - but there are few buses after 6pm so I will have to rely on 23 Taxis. In the "good old days" debating issues in council were the order of the day, and the majority ruled.
Gagging the public, threatening people's livelyhood and a host of other "underhand" activities is NOT open and transparent local government.

john riddle

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve".
The supposed quotation was abbreviated in the film Pearl Harbour (2001), where it merely read, "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant."
Whilst I am certainly not a giant I think somebody has made a great mistake by waking me from my political slumber.
The councillor(s) who have disturbed my retirement should remember "Many a man goes into politics with a fine future and comes out with a terrible past".

john riddle

A rotten apple ?

The phrase "one bad apple can spoil the whole bunch" as we use it today, means that one person doing wrong can affect a whole group of people.
Chaucer was quoted as saying that the "rotten apple ruins its neighbours" .
But the origin of such sentiments is thought to be a Chinese proverb which originally read "One mouse dropping ruins the whole pot of rice".
While that is gross it appears to have a similar meaning.
Over the past decade I have watched the inept performance of Hartlepool Councillors. It would appear that hundreds of thousands of pounds has been wasted whilst services have deteriorated.
So where has the money gone?
At a recent council meeting a member of the public asked three questions of the elected councillors.
After the meeting one of the councillors contacted the member of the public's employer!
What could be the purpose of a councillor contacting an employer?
I will leave that to your imagination but my own view is that it was a) to gag that member of the public or more important b) have him dismissed from his employment. That in my opinion seriously breaches the code of conduct for councillors.
I have sat back and watched public money wasted whilst services are eroded.
However what I find disgusting and deplorable is a Councillor contacting a man's employer, presumably because the member of the public asked awkward questions.
Against such a background I intend finding the mouse whose droppings threaten to spoil the whole pot of rice.

whatabouthisthen

I prefer the mouse to the apple in this case.

However, I fear that it may be mice and that will need a bigger clear up.

Can we call in the Council's pest control department? I guess not. The mice in this case could be rats