They've got to be kidding

Started by marky, February 06, 2013, 05: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marky

"The new coffee house is described by the local authority as a high-quality venue in a welcoming and relaxed setting"
Well thats true...  there can be few in a more relaxed state that most of the nearby occupants.  ;D ;D Welcome to the alternative reality that is HBC

http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/applications-are-pouring-in-1-5376088

stokoe

and its still a shithole nearly a year on,quite surprised the funeral people mason and martin et al aint complained
when i have been round that way what with all the standing water and mud that all the visitors have
to go through is pretty disgraceful. but hey thats the council for you.

stokoe

told from a good source yesterday that the cafe has spent a good few grand on fridges and yes wine coolers?

can't remember that been in the planning,also with the crazy 45 houses being built yes 45 will be bedlam
for the cul-de-sac, but they don't care they will be 4 businesses in that small area,wonder why the
big funeral places aint said nowt,and have you noticed the oakroyd hotel is going back to
being a house,sounds like a done deal with the council and the undertakers to party on down at the crem.

not4me

There should be quarterly reviews of this venture with particular emphasis on viability. Let's not wait for years and more tens of thousands to be poughed into it before someone has the good sense to pull the plug.

fred c

Quote from: not4me on February 13, 2013, 05: PM
There should be quarterly reviews of this venture with particular emphasis on viability. Let's not wait for years and more tens of thousands to be poughed into it before someone has the good sense to pull the plug.

There will be no chance of a quarterly review on the financial viability of "The Cafe In The Crem".... if we are lucky there will be some Info in the first Full Operating Years Balance Sheet, there is also "Absolutely No Chance" of someone, indeed anyone coming to their senses & putting the block on this particular enterprise.