Name your culprit...........

Started by mk1, January 19, 2013, 10: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mk1

Personally I  gravitate towards 2 portly gents sitting around in matching onesies

Knowing the fat fu*cks are running scared is a great comfort.

stokoe

Quote from: mk1 on January 19, 2013, 10: PM
Personally I  gravitate towards 2 portly gents sitting around in matching onesies

Knowing the fat fu*cks are running scared is a great comfort.

i would love to see it  ;D

fred c

It must be a real Pain in the Butt for Danny & the Lads to get the site back up & running..... But.... Well Done Fellas

I wonder if after this third attack Cleveland Police will take this Criminal Act seriuosly ???

If HTH was a business that the guys who run it depended on for a living, what would have been the response by Clevelands Finest to this insidious denial of Democracy ???.

The reaction by Cleveland Police towards a HBC Councillor to comments made by him on a social media site was his Immediate Arrest & Detention, i realise that this particular type of crime by its nature would be more difficult to detect, but so is the apprehension of a serial Fraudster.

The police should be giving serious consideration to finding the person or persons responsible for these constant DDOS attacks, there can`t be that many suspects given the localised social & political adgenda of HTH.

steveL

We've been given the name of the person alleged to be behind all three attacks, a sitting councillor who spends much of his time trying to convince people how clever he is. We have also informed the Police that we have additional information for them about who we now believe is responsible but we have not been able to generate any interest. We have visited the local Police Station a number of times to find out what they are doing about it and have been promised that we would be contacted several times; we even have an e-mail from an Inspector promising that we will be contacted but still no further contact from the Police has taken place.

We have been reluctant to do so, sometimes it seems like we are fighting on too many fronts, but we have now decided that we have little choice but to lodge a complaint against Cleveland Police who I now firmly believe are politically compromised.

Fred's right to make the comparison with the Lilley episode; more so as we now know that while Lilley was locked in the cells for 8 hours, one Carl Richardson was upstairs chatting to Police.

I have to say that we are not at all deterred by these attacks; if anything they make us even more determined to carry on as they only emphasise the need for sites like HTH.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Stig of the Seaton Dump

Would it help if more of sent e-mails or letters to the police ?

If so, please point us un the right direction with an appropriate address.

Thanks.
I don't believe it.

mk1

A few more clues as to the culprit please. Don't want the innocent getting caught in the crossfire..................

stokoe

Quote from: mk1 on January 20, 2013, 06: PM
A few more clues as to the culprit please. Don't want the innocent getting caught in the crossfire..................

i think thats ditto from all of us,mind you after you posted steve they will be
getting there alibi ready.

tellingitlikeitis

Hi, I'm a long term reader but a first time poster. I thought I might be able to help you with something.

There has been lots of speculation as to the identity of the person or persons responsible for the cyber attacks on this website. Obviously as an outsider looking in, it's impossible to know for certain who is doing it. There's unlikely to be an physical evidence which anyone connected with this site has access to. In such a situation, faced with no way of knowing, all one can do is resort to the kind of 'profiling' of the personality of the likely culprit, similar to the technique used by the police when trying to identify serial killers and such like. 

So allow me.

Narcissistic Personality Disorder affects about 1% of people. It's a mental condition which, amongst other things, involves extremely arrogant behaviour. Typically, suffers of NPD are cocky, self centred and extremely manipulative.
The classic narcissist will put his own needs and desires before those of anyone else. Indeed, it's been said that a true narcissist will pursue their own goals, even when they are part of a wider group of people, whose collective goals may be juxtaposed to those of the individual narcissist himself.

In short, a narcissist puts himself before the needs of a group, even when he's technically part of that group.

A good example of such a person, arguably, is the Portuguese Footballer Christiano Ronaldo. Vain, c**k sure, selfish, Ronaldo appears obsessed with winning the 'World Footballer of the Year Award' (an individual accolade) rather than sharing potential collective spoils with his team mates.

So what else can one expect to find in a narcissist? What other traits are 'textbook signs'? Well, typically the classic NPD sufferer is well turned out sartorially. Perhaps not to everyone's taste, but even so, you'll seldom find a scruffy one.

As well as this, your typical narcissist will be sensation-seeking or display significant levels of impulsivity. Risky sex and potentially reckless financial decisions go hand in glove with Narcissistic Personality Disorder.

Attention seeking and grandiose behaviour are also both classic traits of the narcissist. For example, the disorder is rife in the world of 'celebrity'. A giveaway sign is what one might find hanging on the walls of a sufferer's house. Typical narcissists will adorn their walls with pictures of themselves with 'other celebrities', although ironically, more often than not, the calibre of celebrity they manage to be photographed with, far out weights their own status.

This will give them a feeling of 'accomplishment by association'.

Thus, Donald Trump, a textbook narcissist in most psychologists' opinion, will be photographed with politicians who, when compared to his level of political acumen, are in a different league. Such a situation is far from uncommon in the narcissist.

So what else gives away the narcissist? Well, related personality disorders that often also affect the narcissist include Machiavellianism. Typically this is seen as the kind of person who 'keeps their friends close, but their enemies even closer'.
So, due to their Machiavellianism, it's not uncommon for a narcissist to appear extremely close to an organisation or group, even when one would expect the total converse to be the case.

Finally, your textbook suffer of NPD deals with (what they perceive to be) a threat to their status in a manner not like you or I.
For example, Hitler, the personification of narcissism, simply wiped out his enemies, as did Stalin and Bonaparte, who were also classic NPD sufferers.

So, I think it's fair to say that if people are trying to figure out who may, or may not, be behind the cyber attacks on the 'High Tax Hartlepool' website, it's almost certain that we're looking for a narcissist. Obviously I have no idea who specifically is behind what's been going on, but in terms of 'profiling a suspect'; a person displaying narcissistic traits is definitely a good place to start. He (or she) is likely to be;

•   Someone who is vain.
•   Someone who is typically sartorially well turned out.
•   Someone who puts their own aspirations before those of their group.
•   Someone who has a penchant for being photographed next to celebrities or politicians, who far outweigh his or her own status. 
•   Someone, who when taken on by an 'enemy' simply tries to get rid of them.

This just leaves one final puzzle I think is worth answering, the question of why the condition is called 'narcissism'.

Well, it all goes back to Greek Mythology. Narcissus was was the son of a river god called Cephissus. His father's position in society far outweighed that of his son. One day Narcissus saw (what he did not realise was) his own reflection in some water. 
Fascinated by it, he became obsessed with it. He'd spend hours, days, even weeks standing by the water. He could not tear himself away from it.

His sole aim in life appeared to be to achieve something involving the water which was beyond his capabilities, (In this case retrieving something from it that wasn't actually there in the first place). 

Of course, Greek mythology being what it is, there are many different variations on this story. Some accounts of the myth speak of Narcissus staring into a river, whilst others speak of him gazing into a pond.

Oh and there is one other version of the story of Narcissus which differs slightly from the others. In one visual account immortalized in marble, that you can find in City Hall in Ljubljana, Slovenia, Narcissus can clearly be seen..... standing by a fountain.

Stig of the Seaton Dump

I imagine there will be lots of evidence logged detailing exactly who the culprit is.
It just needs the police to investigate it.

The bods at Menwith Hill probably knew the culprit before anybody realised the HTH site was being attacked.
I don't believe it.

rabbit

Surely by definition, such a person would try to impose his own views on this forum, decrying the opinions of others.

As such, if your theory on the type of person who is attempting to destroy this site is correct, it most likely would be one who regularly posts on here rather than one who tries to hide in the background, but tries (by denying access) to stifle all debate?

rabbit

Hazysky

I would love to see the HTH site make more use of twitter and other social media websites - particularly when these attacks happen. I know most people like to remain anon when it comes to posting (easier on twitter than on facebook for example) but I think there are a lot of people in this town who are clueless about the goings on and social media is often a much more accessible base.

mk1

I hope we don't go down the path of making this story the main talking point of the forum.
Yes it is nice to know who the saddo is but the very fact you are reading this is proof of their failure.
Exposing their lies and self enrichment is the best response.
Keep Angie's money grubbing antics  and the fat*ty Belcher's delusions of grandeur in the spotlight and make  the creeps squirm.

SRMoore

Follow HTH on Twitter @Hitaxhartlepool

Hazysky

i viewed the twitter, very minimal updates which is such a shame. tip: tag all posts with the #hartlepool hashtag....more likely to get viewed and 'retweeted'