With the benefit of Hindsight

Started by Call Me Al, December 14, 2019, 08: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: Johnny Bongo on December 14, 2019, 12: PM
If, for whatever reason, Hill resigns and an election for the town is called, will the Brexit party field a candidate again?
The Brexit Party is history, a busted flush after that election and anyway what would be the point, the Party is winding down now, they've ran out of steam, they had their moment, it's gone.
If we'd had a decent/common sense Labour candidate I could have lived with it, but come on, it's like having one of those cardboard life size images of a policeman they stick in big store entrances, but we got the politician version.....
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Johnny Bongo

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on December 14, 2019, 01: PM
Quote from: Johnny Bongo on December 14, 2019, 12: PM
If, for whatever reason, Hill resigns and an election for the town is called, will the Brexit party field a candidate again?
The Brexit Party is history, a busted flush after that election and anyway what would be the point, the Party is winding down now, they've ran out of steam, they had their moment, it's gone.
If we'd had a decent/common sense Labour candidate I could have lived with it, but come on, it's like having one of those cardboard life size images of a policeman they stick in big store entrances, but we got the politician version.....

So where do you think the Brexit votes will go?  It's a shame that when candidates lose, they don't take any interest in the town....no s%%t Sherlock!  Houghton promised thousands of jobs for people in Hartlepool.  'Only a strong Conservative majority Government will deliver this.'  Well, I won't hold my breath!

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: Johnny Bongo on December 14, 2019, 04: PM

So where do you think the Brexit votes will go?  It's a shame that when candidates lose, they don't take any interest in the town....no s%%t Sherlock!  Houghton promised thousands of jobs for people in Hartlepool.  'Only a strong Conservative majority Government will deliver this.'  Well, I won't hold my breath!
This was a unique election, but more of a second referendum for a lot of people and in reality only Boris was offering a viable option for the leave vote.
Labour had to rely on the remainers and zombies, but the Labour Party is no longer regarded as the party of the working man as the result proved.The Labour Party has turned to the big cities and basically threw it's lot in with remain in preference to it's former core vote when it had to choose. It blew up horribly in their face.
If there's an election again I suspect it'll be a straight choice, which will clear the way and I think with a decent local candidate they'd have a chance.
I had to laugh at the comments made before about failed candidates not staying around, they never do, why would they. If one of us stood in Grimsby and lost, would we spend the rest of our lives in Grimsby to prove we care? Comical.
As for candidates promises, they're just that and come to that what has Mike Hill promised us that came true? I don't take any notice, it's for the fairies.

diSme

I'm curious as to how hard the wet fart is going to work to provide his loyal subjects with the results of all the pledges he made...

Curious, but not optimistic.
I believe everything and nothing

Inspector Knacker

The tribute to the embalmers art will do what he always does, nothing.