Little Englanders.

Started by Inspector Knacker, December 13, 2019, 02: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inspector Knacker

Having a break from total world domination ?
Series 2 was 3 /- by the way.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

mk1

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on December 13, 2019, 06: PM

Series 2 was 3 /- by the way.

1963 Series 1 = 2/-, Series 2= 3/-
1967   2/3,       3/6
1968     2/7,    3/8

I Have a complete set of catalogues and spring, sumer & autumn price lists for the years. I bet Ted Goodall uses to fume when I would take half-a-dozen at a time. Even free stuff gets a value if you keep it long enough.

Inspector Knacker

Oh no. Not Ted Goodall. I used to go in every Saturday with my pocket money and decide which series 2 kit I wanted. He'd stand there watching you like a customs officer worried you were going to leg it with a kit. I wasn't, I wouldn't dare, I just couldn't choose which one then he'd ask you what the problem was and you'd feel guilty for spending money in his shop. You took one off the shelf, he'd take your money and you'd find yourself in York Road with a kit of Richard the Lionheart and I wanted a Me 110.
I'll get flashbacks now.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Johnny Bongo

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on December 13, 2019, 09: PM
Oh no. Not Ted Goodall. I used to go in every Saturday with my pocket money and decide which series 2 kit I wanted. He'd stand there watching you like a customs officer worried you were going to leg it with a kit. I wasn't, I wouldn't dare, I just couldn't choose which one then he'd ask you what the problem was and you'd feel guilty for spending money in his shop. You took one off the shelf, he'd take your money and you'd find yourself in York Road with a kit of Richard the Lionheart and I wanted a Me 110.
I'll get flashbacks now.

Ah, Goodhall and Lewis's...a marvellous place for all types of modelling (except page 3 type stuff!) and I think they sold bikes as well! I remember that they sold packs of balsa wood, assorted shapes and sizes. I'd make all sorts of battle scenes with balsa, that complimented the airfix models.  When I 'discovered' flash powder a few years later (for explosions on stage..I was a roadie / lighting tech for a rock group) I'd blow up some of the battle scenes...to give them an authentic look!  Us little Englanders certainly know how to have fun, i can tell you! ;D

kevplumb

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on December 13, 2019, 09: PM
I'll get flashbacks now.
remember it well he used to watch you like a hawk  ;D ;D ;D
A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment