Policing issues in Hartlepool - BBC national news.

Started by Lucy Lass-Tick, November 19, 2018, 07: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inspector Knacker

Just been reading Coppingers version of events in tonight's Mail.
Apparently analysis by Cleveland police found the average journey time to custody in Hartlepool within Hartlepool was 14 minutes, meaning a trip to Boro would take only another fifteen minutes.
Well, an average figure of 14 minutes indicates that some journeys will be longer than 14 minutes, think about it, especially when they say the Boro is only another 15 minutes, that does not make any sense.
Also, while we may be losing the custody suite, the police station will become a beacon of policing in the centre of town. Why, wasn't it that before?
But fear not, now it's going to hold Cleveland Police's Directorate of Standards and Ethics and the Innovative Integrated Neighbourhood Team. Wow, I feel safer already.
Dear oh dear.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Lucy Lass-Tick

I would love to live in the world that some of the 'suits' inhabit.

kevplumb

Cleveland Police's Directorate of Standards and Ethics

you mean they have one ???
A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

Inspector Knacker

As nationally 30% of the wage bill is on non officer staff, can we assume these 'arrivals' will be swipe card carrying screen drivers and social behaviour engineers pontificating?
All we need of police officers is a presence and common sense on the streets, not an influx of blue light social workers philosophising on the problem.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

diSme

There was a discussion about this on today's Loose Women. It didn't really cover the whole scope of the story, however I'm hoping that national media attention may help encourage the government and Cleveland police to remedy the situation.
I believe everything and nothing

kevplumb

A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

rabbit

Same topic on tonight's BBC News TV at 6pm. Statement by Chief Constable on twitter.

diSme

You can always count on the media to inflate a story way beyond it's scope. The daily star article is laughably sensationalist. It makes a bit of a mockery of the true situation IMHO. Still,, I'm hoping that the attention will be beneficial to the town...
I believe everything and nothing