Theres the council tax going up again

Started by kevplumb, August 31, 2018, 04: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inspector Knacker

After reading the report, I see nothing of any major consequence for us as a town. A crossing of the Tees down river at Cargo Fleet would have made sense and opened up the area. But in real terms the Redcar Steelworks site is touted for big things, but thanks to the geography of the Tees Valley and despite being within touching distance from Seaton, Redcar is the same distance away from Hartlepool as Gateshead by car.
The Tees divides, not unites. The lowest crossing of the Tees is the novelty act Transporter. Closes for launch and appears to work office hours, topping it off by being closed on Sunday's for things like bungee jumping. Really?
I dare say the present status puts the Boro in pole position as the centre of the area as the lowest crossing point. That's of little use to us though.
No vote, but at least the dear leader got a prestigious post out of it and we're all just so happy and made up that such a towering political colosuss is at the helm. The Dear Leader, God bless him.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Stig of the Seaton Dump

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on September 08, 2018, 06: PM
After reading the report, I see nothing of any major consequence for us as a town. A crossing of the Tees down river at Cargo Fleet would have made sense and opened up the area. But in real terms the Redcar Steelworks site is touted for big things, but thanks to the geography of the Tees Valley and despite being within touching distance from Seaton, Redcar is the same distance away from Hartlepool as Gateshead by car.
The Tees divides, not unites. The lowest crossing of the Tees is the novelty act Transporter. Closes for launch and appears to work office hours, topping it off by being closed on Sunday's for things like bungee jumping. Really?
I dare say the present status puts the Boro in pole position as the centre of the area as the lowest crossing point. That's of little use to us though.
No vote, but at least the dear leader got a prestigious post out of it and we're all just so happy and made up that such a towering political colosuss is at the helm. The Dear Leader, God bless him.

We could and should have been the jewel in the Durham coast.
Much more appealing on a national and international basis considering the reputation Durham has.
I don't believe it.