Tees Valley expenditure

Started by Inspector Knacker, April 24, 2018, 08: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inspector Knacker

Are there any figures for the money spent in the five districts and projected expenditure.
I see there's a business park being developed hear Newport Bridge in Middlesbrough at a cost of £55m, what are we getting out of the pot?
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on April 24, 2018, 08: PM
Are there any figures for the money spent in the five districts and projected expenditure.
I see there's a business park being developed hear Newport Bridge in Middlesbrough at a cost of £55m, what are we getting out of the pot?

To quote the Boro's Paul Daniels, I suspect 'not a lot' ... Teesside/Cleveland County revisited.

jeffh

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on April 24, 2018, 08: PM
Ironically hasn't CAB complained about a lack of transparency - wow!!!

Stig of the Seaton Dump

The fact our No Service bus stop signs say Tees Valley Connected means we haven't been forgotten.
I don't believe it.

Inspector Knacker

I remember when Cleveland County Council was going for it's rapid transit tramway. To serve all of Cleveland. Sadly, their piggy bank was checked and it meant that Hartlepool would have to miss out.
But, fear not, the Leader, his name escapes me but he looked like Boycey, said we could have those little digital indicators at some bus stops to tell us when the next bus was due and no doubt remind us of our irrelevant second class status.

After the 'experience' of Cleveland, what sort of fool would want to repeat the whole farcical thing again. We'll get absolutely nothing out of it. Building business parks across the Tees Valley while in Hartlepool we're building houses on them. Get the the message, we're heading for dormitory status.

Stig of the Seaton Dump

So that will be digital No Service signs.

I don't believe it.

jeffh

Quote from: Stig of the Seaton Dump on April 25, 2018, 09: AM
So that will be digital No Service signs.
Bit like the digital water quality signs at Seaton - "No information available"

mk1

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on April 25, 2018, 07: AM

But, fear not, the Leader, his name escapes me but he looked like Boycey, said we could have those little digital indicators at some bus stops to tell us when the next bus was due and no doubt remind us of our irrelevant second class status.

We do have a few Digital Bus signs but they depend on the bus having the technology installed-which very few of the busses in Hartlepool have. Thus all the working signs (most do not work) are 'dumb' in that they show the timetable times rather than a live feed of the actual time a bus will arrive. The No 6  bus stop on the same side as the Odeon has it installed but it is easy to  miss.

no6bus

Actually all the buses in Hartlepool have AVL (actual vehicle location) fitted

Inspector Knacker

mk1

Teesside Stagecoach have it up and running but 'artlepool...............?

mk1

Quote from: no6bus on April 26, 2018, 06: PM

Yes

Yes but.........there are no 'Stagecoach-only bus stops that have the electronic timetables fitted. For instance none of the most used Stagecoach stops around the town centre or on York Road (bar one) have these timetables fitted.
There are 3 of these signs in the town centre.One on Victoria Road that is not working. 1 on York Road near the Odeon and 1 on the stop over the road from the Odeon.  The one over from the Odeon is an Arrive/Go Northern stop-it has the electronic timetable-and the stop next to it is the Stagecoach only stop-it does not have a electronic timetable. In fact the only Stagecoach visited stop that has the electronic timetable is the one on York Road next to the Odeon and I am confident that is only because Go Northern /Arriva use that stop and Stagecoach have nothing to do with its installation. 
So I think we can safely say Stagecoach/and/or/as well as the Council  have no interest in giving Hartlepool passengers the same benefits as their Teesside passengers.

Inspector Knacker

This council have no idea when it comes to public transport. Quite frankly it's abysmal.
Take the so called Interchange. I'd describe as a car user who hasn't used a bus once schools idea of what a bus station should be like. With zero comprehension of users needs they rolled it out. It was cut, back from the original layout to just another car park with a couple of unused bus shelters slapped on for effect. Money that could have been much more wisely doesn't wasted. It appears the soft, but ill informed option of placing it vaguely where the United bus station was just the lazy choice. How many of the people who administer this town actually live in it? How many of the senior officers and the CEO reside in the town?

fred c

It only cost £4 Million Pounds....Scarlet Band are the Only users...... if ever lessons should have been learned by the LabTor coalition. It was from this white elephant, unfortunately they have spent the 10 years since trying to leave a Monument to their Ineptitude.... using council tax payers money  ???