CAB Faces De-Selection in Foggy Furze

Started by steveL, December 03, 2017, 04: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Topcat

They could stand as independent "Labour"  that at least might get them some votes from the usual sheep

Inspector Knacker

Independent Labour? Hmmmm, that would meaning having to do all the work and pay all the bills themselves unless some of their minions followed them into the wilderness.
Still can't think of a job they could do. Ah yes, bullfighter, sorry, I was thinking  of something else that begins with 'bull'.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

fred c

There is no such thing as "Independent Labour"........Then you look at the choice of a recent unsuccessful £3 Corbynite candidate you realise that the New Momentum Labour candidate pool doesn't run overly deep in Hartlepool....In fact they could well have to ship in candidates from around the UK....... so maybe they won't be getting rid of the CabCabal as soon as they think.

Stig of the Seaton Dump

So CAB is getting deselection box for Christmas ?

I don't believe it.

mk1

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: fred c on December 05, 2017, 03: PM
There is no such thing as "Independent Labour"........Then you look at the choice of a recent unsuccessful £3 Corbynite candidate you realise that the New Momentum Labour candidate pool doesn't run overly deep in Hartlepool....In fact they could well have to ship in candidates from around the UK....... so maybe they won't be getting rid of the CabCabal as soon as they think.
Good point that about our local 'momentum' legion being a hit feeble. All bright eyed political Boy Scouts and  Girl Guides marching in unison to bright sunlit uplands barging into the reality of the Party squatters who run the show, the political cuckoos's in the nest.
Ideals v less than ideal grim reality.
There are two reasons people go into politics, power or service. Is the party prepared to turn a new page and open a new chapter, or leave the same tired book mark wedged in place?

mk1

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on December 05, 2017, 05: PM

There are two reasons people go into politics, power or service.

I thought it was so they could endlessly parrot that they work 'in the voluntary sector'.

'Working in the voluntary sector' meaning you set up a company and your mates vote to grant loads of dosh. You then  award yourself a big fat salary (commensurate with  others in the sector) and find mugs real volunteers to do all the work whilst you pop into the office once or twice a week to make it look like you actually have something to do with the firm.

jeffh

Quote from: fred c on December 05, 2017, 08: AM
It isn't just about getting shot of Mr & Mr Akers Belcher,  there are a hardcore of labmob councillors that need to be culled, Cranney, MD, Richardson, Barclay, et al....... There is no point in changing 3 or 4 at the top, the problems have been compounded by the rest of the cannon fodder councillors who just stick their hands up and say "for".

If there are some political idealists behind this, it has to be good news - for one if CAB topples that means he can no longer be Leader of the Council.  Even if he was to be elected as an Independent he would have to cross the chamber (I'm sure Dave Riddle would love to have him sitting next to him).  If CAB goes and there is a political momentum (pardon the pun) the other "Leaders" could follow as they will not be selected for their wards - now that has to be good news.

What will be interesting is who stands in Manor House in May 2018 - the smart money is saying Daddy Belcher (ousting Marj) but if it's a young Corbynite, well.....

fred c

Quote from: mk1 on December 05, 2017, 05: PM
Quote from: Inspector Knacker on December 05, 2017, 05: PM

There are two reasons people go into politics, power or service.

I thought it was so they could endlessly parrot that they work 'in the voluntary sector'.

'Working in the voluntary sector' meaning you set up a company and your mates vote to grant loads of dosh. You then  award yourself a big fat salary (commensurate with  others in the sector) and find mugs real volunteers to do all the work whilst you pop into the office once or twice a week to make it look like you actually have something to do with the firm.

I was at a recent council meeting and there were several community organisations present...... the bloke sitting next to me asked this question of a community representative....... Do you do this as a job ?....... oh yes it's my job I earn a salary from the organisation.

I often wonder, when a person runs a cafe, who does the cooking, who bakes the scones, who cooks the dinners....... and if it isn't the bloke who runs the cafe...... who does it, do they get paid, do the people serving the food get paid, do the washers up get paid ?

If not and they are volunteers, why do they do it, when the bloke who 'runs the cafe' gets paid and they get sweet FA....... there's a long list of good hearted volunteers who actually do it from an altruistic point of view....... however, there's an awful lot more who get a good using from those who run a community organisation as a business.

fred c

Quote from: mk1 on December 05, 2017, 05: PM
Maybe they could get him this way?

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/momentum-re-open-all-london-labour-councillor-selections-jon-lansman_uk_5a26833be4b07324e84074c2?utm_hp_ref=uk-homepage

I think that we may find the 'cure' is  more harm than the disease!

It could get to the point were the Labour Party won't be able to stand together long enough to get a photograph taken.

pieface

Demise of the belker dynasty?? Won't that just mean we get lumbered with a Cranney one instead?

kevplumb

Quote from: pieface on December 05, 2017, 06: PM
Demise of the belker dynasty?? Won't that just mean we get lumbered with a Cranney one instead?
Now that would be like "giving a monkey a loaded gun"   ;D ;D
A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

Inspector Knacker

Or, the stoker promoted to Captain the Titanic.

kevplumb

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on December 05, 2017, 07: PM
Or, the stoker promoted to Captain the Titanic.
that is a blatant lie i got first mate  ;D ;D ;D
A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

DRiddle

I'm hopeful but to be honest i'll believe this when i see it. Some of the £3 Corbynites are only now waking up to the dawning realization of what a 'post Drummond' council actually meant.

This little 'echo chamber' had the situation well and truly sussed before it even happened. We're now bang smack in the middle of the town being ran by the worst kind of people. Lies, deceit, fraud, corruption (Wilcox), misogyny, false accusations, incompetence, millions wasted, we've seen the lot and a whole lot more than that.

It takes quite a skill to be banned from running a company for 5 years, then co-found one that gained a million quid in public funds. But that is the cold hard reality of where Hartlepool Borough Council has slid to in recent years.

How Kevin Cranney is in charge of anything other than a low budget second hand car lot is beyond me.