CAB Faces De-Selection in Foggy Furze

Started by steveL, December 03, 2017, 04: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveL

How does that saying go ..... my enemy's enemy is my friend?

Anyways......sweet noises from those who have been rubbishing this site for months. Apparently, the need to de-select certain individuals is understood and we should all join the common cause in ridding Hartlepool CLP of its more toxic contingent. That's quite a task, particularly when all we have seen so far is a blind defence of the indefensible.

Talk is cheap so we'll wait until we see something concrete happening before breaking out the Veuve Clicquot
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

kevplumb

Quote from: steveL on December 03, 2017, 04: PM

Anyways......sweet noises from those who have been rubbishing this site for months. Apparently, the need to de-select certain individuals is understood and we should all join the common cause in ridding Hartlepool CLP of its more toxic contingent. That's quite a task, particularly when all we have seen so far is a blind defence of the indefensible.

Talk is cheap so we'll wait until we see something concrete happening before breaking out the Veuve Clicquot
would be the best thing to happen in this town for a long while  :)
and if the people you refer to are on the same side on this one all the better
about time we all started p*ssing in the same pot
as long as it ain't belchers  ;)
A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

mk1

Quote from: kevplumb on December 03, 2017, 05: PM

would be the best thing to happen in this town for a long while  :)
and if the people you refer to are on the same side on this one all the better
about time we all started p*ssing in the same pot
as long as it ain't belchers  ;)

The current problem is the limited intellect of the CAB Cabal. They are flattered by being be described as morons. Smarter people will  still shaft you but not be so  obvious about it. I remember Brash rigging the system to get Mandelson his honour so I am not easily convinced any new broom will (for example) bring questions in Chamber.
I believe all politics is inherently corrupt in that the  Party is everything and  the unshakeable  belief that only your party does the  right thing inevitably leads to the mind-set that nothing you do can ever be considered  'wrong'.

Inspector Knacker

A funny one this, a bit like jumping from the frying pan into the fire. It is a political party after all and I suspect the new tenant may have some  traits we won't like either., especially with the evangelical fervour sweeping through the Labour Party.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

fred c

We all live in hope, but he is as "slipperry as a s**thouse rat" well according to 1 of the £3 Corbynites any way.........one thing for certain, he won't go quietly.

Stig of the Seaton Dump

Mike Hill has me convinced that Labour are the problem not just the SCABS,
I don't believe it.

jeffh

Quote from: Stig of the Seaton Dump on December 03, 2017, 11: PM
I'm quite sure there are problems with Labour, but the SCABs are definitely not Labour

Stig of the Seaton Dump

Quote from: jeffh on December 04, 2017, 05: AM
I'm quite sure there are problems with Labour, but the SCABs are definitely not Labour

Neither was Iain Wright and neither is Mike Hill.
I don't believe it.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: jeffh on December 04, 2017, 05: AM
I don't even see the Labour Party as Labour. The average Labour politician is far removed from the working class, along withnthe £3  members

jeffh

Are we going to get Barclay saying this is Fake News and a statement will be issued soon

Inspector Knacker

Apparently, the need to de-select certain individuals is understood and we should all join the common cause in ridding Hartlepool CLP of its more toxic contingent. That's quite a task, particularly when all we have seen so far is a blind defence of the indefensible.

I think a heavy cull is needed. However, if those in a position to do it actually do is open to question. I'll believe it when I see it.

fred c

It isn't just about getting shot of Mr & Mr Akers Belcher,  there are a hardcore of labmob councillors that need to be culled, Cranney, MD, Richardson, Barclay, et al....... There is no point in changing 3 or 4 at the top, the problems have been compounded by the rest of the cannon fodder councillors who just stick their hands up and say "for".

Inspector Knacker

The party wants the drains up and them flushing out. As long as they have influence within the party, the town will carry on stagnating.
They'll fight all the way for one very simple reason, what else could they do?

Topcat

If certain people are de-selected by the Labour party they would have no choice but to try to stand as independents and rely on their old cronies to elect them because the council funds are their main or only source of income, I just can't see any of them doing very well in the big scary world of employment.

Inspector Knacker

I'm having trouble thinking of any job they could do!
As for standing as independents, as was said before, if they stood unopposed they'd come second.