The Rifty

Started by steveL, September 10, 2017, 06: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: fred c on October 02, 2017, 10: PM
So nothing to do with him sticking 11% on the price of his dinners then ?
Could have been worse, could have been a Councillors rise, phew!
Mind you, they could have rebranded the menu from 'prices' to 'allowances' and surely everyone would be hunky dory about it?
When will they be applying for their Michelin listing?
Any chance of Humble Pie appearing on the menu?
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Johnny Bongo

Quote from: Riddler5 on October 03, 2017, 06: AM
Quote from: fred c on October 02, 2017, 10: PM
So nothing to do with him sticking 11% on the price of his dinners then ?
Could have been worse, could have been a Councillors rise, phew!
Mind you, they could have rebranded the menu from 'prices' to 'allowances' and surely everyone would be hunky dory about it?
When will they be applying for their Michelin listing?
Any chance of Humble Pie appearing on the menu?

They already have a Michelin listing....a michelin MAN...in the shape of SAB....and his cafe business is 'listing', ie, sinking!

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: Johnny Bongo on October 03, 2017, 08: AM

They already have a Michelin listing....a michelin MAN...in the shape of SAB....and his cafe business is 'listing', ie, sinking!
Trouble is, a Michelin man would  just float to the surface as yet another ship sinks, just like a t**d that won't flush.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Stig of the Seaton Dump

I don't believe it.

mk1

Was Louise Wallace related to S. Wallace?

steveL

No just a coincidence
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

DRiddle

My guess would be the term 'chosen causes' is in response to it being shown to not actually be a charity. It's a bit late now though, as others have shown, the term 'charity' has been bandied around regarding The Rifty so many times previously.

Anyway, 'charity' for many is now a dirty word in Hartlepool. Which is a shame, because there are so many legitimate good charities which have been caught up in the stench of the not so good ones.

We all know what caused the stigma many associate with the words 'councillor and charity' in the same sentence.

http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/crime/charity-commission-launches-official-inquiry-into-manor-residents-association-1-6203850

kevplumb

puts the whole shebang in the kremlin in the frame  ;D
A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

Paul Thompson

Quote from: steveL on October 02, 2017, 01: PM
Interestingly, SAB has removed the whole thread on his Facebook page about the people who were constantly standing outside of his cafe trying to ruin his 'business'...... word is that someone pointed out the Bus Stop sign in the same place  ::)

Stephen was more than happy to have that ridiculous post on his page for days until I commented.......then it was all deleted within a few minutes

I wonder why ? Think it may have been down to the fact that I caught one of his 'fair weathered supporters' out ? Remember the same 'lady' that called Stephen a 'Slippery Shi*house Rat' and now she appears to be his number one psycho-fant !  (BTW Keyboard warriors over on Facebook, I realise that I spelt that incorrectly, it was deliberate :)

Mind you, I had to laugh when my weight was brought into the mix.  When you resort to personal, nasty and plain pathetic remarks such as this, you have lost the argument already. Being told I had a 'fat ars*' from this one, was a bit like Fred West criticising you for swatting a fly.  I guess that the whole adage of "When you lie down with dogs, you'll get up with fleas" must be true.

Note to Tweedledee and Tweedledum - I only hunted out the post because someone mentioned to my wife while my son was playing football on Sunday that "some nutter was slagging Paul off on Stephen Belcher's facebook page". You see, Stephen (and others), I still get told what you're up to and exactly what was said in your team meetings / dictates from Mein Fuhrer. Gives me a little giggle to be honest.

For those who are remotely interested, I was weighed again yesterday and have managed to loose 11lb over the last three weeks.  Never felt so good since resigning from Council.

fred c

Quote from: DRiddle on October 03, 2017, 07: PM
My guess would be the term 'chosen causes' is in response to it being shown to not actually be a charity. It's a bit late now though, as others have shown, the term 'charity' has been bandied around regarding The Rifty so many times previously.

Anyway, 'charity' for many is now a dirty word in Hartlepool. Which is a shame, because there are so many legitimate good charities which have been caught up in the stench of the not so good ones.

We all know what caused the stigma many associate with the words 'councillor and charity' in the same sentence.

http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/crime/charity-commission-launches-official-inquiry-into-manor-residents-association-1-6203850

From the Mails article........ no wonder the "I am in it for the Long Haul" comment was forgotten within 48 hours, and The Big Fibber had an a**ehole collapso episode in the council chamber.

" Whether, and to what extent, there was mismanagement or misconduct on the part of the trustees, in particular, financial mismanagement and/or serious governance failures"

"Whether, and to what extent, the trustees have discharged their legal duties as charity trustees"