cab blaming the government for the tragic fire

Started by jawsbbc, June 16, 2017, 02: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jawsbbc

ALAN CLARK The news that the fireproof cladding would have only cost £5k more than that which was used makes me feel physically sick! These people need not have lost their lives if this is true. There is a scandal about to unfold before our eyes., and justice must be done!
LikeShow More ReactionsComment
39 Roz Wilkinson and 38 others
Comments
Ashleigh Pearce
Ashleigh Pearce Shocking !!😡
Like · Reply · 14 hrs
Remove
Tracey Hammoun
Tracey Hammoun And the cost of a sprinkler system. Seems like making the building better looking and less of an eyesore was more of a priority for them than the safety of the residents.
Like · Reply · 2 · 11 hrs
Remove
Christopher Akers-Belcher
Christopher Akers-Belcher The residents wanted to mount a challenge in court to ensure they were safe but the Government's changes to legal aid prevented them from doing so. The Government is wholly responsible and there is no doubt this avoidable tragedy is corporate manslaughter
Like · Reply · 1 · 8 hrs
Remove
John Maxwell
John Maxwell spot on christopher
Like · Reply · 7 hrs
Remove
June Hart
June Hart I think it the wrong time to start a slanging match, the Labour council of the area ignored request from their own members for safety changes!
Like · Reply · 6 hrs
Remove

Write a reply...
Choose File
Jo Josephine Spires
Jo Josephine Spires I've just listened to report in BBC that local council thought about putting sprinklers in but there was no real consensus with residents so they decided against it.

How awful is that seems to me they are putting blame back on the people who lived and have died in the fire!!
Like · Reply · 1 · 6 hrs
Remove
June Hart
June Hart A lady speaking from the residents committee said they weren't asked!
Like · Reply · 6 hrs
Remove
June Hart
June Hart Who do we believe, the truth will out.
Like · Reply · 1 · 6 hrs
Remove
Alan Clark
Alan Clark It will June and it must, we are all angry that something like this can even happen. The death toll may likely reach double figures
Like · Reply · 6 hrs
Remove
June Hart
June Hart Alan Clark I can't imagine what people who are living in similar hosing are going through, it breaks my heart x
Like · Reply · 5 hrs
Remove
Alan Clark
Alan Clark I know it is awful. I bet they have had sleepless nights especially those without water sprinklers.
Like · Reply · 1 · 5 hrs
Remove

Write a reply...
Choose File
Alan Clark
Alan Clark Its a complete tragedy and if it could have been avoided for the sake of £5k it is a national scandal. Those questions must me answered. Whether we like it or not it is a political issue due to building and fire regulations that were not/ have not been put in place after a similar incident 8 years ago
Like · Reply · 3 · 6 hrs
Remove
Elizabeth Carroll
Elizabeth Carroll Couldn't agree more Alan
LikeShow More Reactions · Reply · 5 hrs
Remove
John Mccaffery
John Mccaffery It comes down to the present and past governments selling houses off to private equity companies were profit will always come before the safety of tenants
LikeShow More Reactions · Reply · 4 hrs
Remove
Wayne Simpson
Wayne Simpson Fireproof on the outside would have done nowt they needed safety inside sprinklers extinguishers
LikeShow More Reactions · Reply · 2 hrs

steveL

On the anniversary of Jo Cox's murder, let's remember that the changes to the Labour Office in South Road recommended by the investigation into security for MPs and their staff were refused by Hartlepool Labour Party (not the council) on the grounds of cost.

It forced Wrighty to move his weekly surgeries into the Civic because he couldn't guarantee the safety of his staff.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Inspector Knacker

Which politicians of any party were fighting the tenants case before the tragedy ?
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

fred c

A pair of s**tcart hitchhikers if ever there were any....... they have obviously been reading the Daily Mail and have come to conclusions about what and how things actually happened.... before the experts have even started looking into the actual circumstances, never mind the eventual Public Inquiry

Grenfell Tower was completed in 1974, all the major political parties have at some point since then, been responsible for that building and hundreds of others of a similar design and construction all over the UK....... But Not Hartlepool....... so by politicising this tragedy they have plunging into the cesspit of bad taste, they might well believe they are real politicians, when they are in fact a couple of tin pot councillors........spouting forth uneducated bollox of Facial Book

ReturntoZenda

The political posturing and mudslinging over this awful tragedy is nauseating.  The Labour Party jumping in with both feet blaming 312 Tory MPs for voting against their addendum to a Tory motion on accommodation standards is sickening political opportunism; especially as the vote they're using as a stick to beat the government with was regarding private accommodation whereas Grenfell House is a council-owned building.  Not only are they using people's deaths as a tool, they can't even make sure that their accusations are accurate.

Just been watching the rent-a-mob invading the council offices in Kensington.  Half of them were there with mobile phones and scarves round their faces - undoubtedly fook all to do with the genuine protest.  There WILL be riots there overnight that Corbyn et al will blame directly on the Tories.

Then to cap it all, the Chief Handwringer herself Lilly Allen showed up with her faux outrage at the inequalities within Kensington, straight from her multi-million pound townhouse.  I wonder how many people she'll be putting up in her mansion ?  Probably be about the same number of refugee kids she took in after her tears in Calais.

I've had a long hard day at work and watching the rent-a-gobs screaming down their megaphones boils my p*ss.

Inspector Knacker

What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

kevplumb

QuoteALAN CLARK The news that the fireproof cladding would have only cost £5k more than that which was used makes me feel physically sick!

now there is a piece of misleading info designed to stir up bother

£5K per sq m ?

£5K per flat ?

£5K per face of the building ?

without putting it in perspective quoting a sum is meaningless

having said that  the flame retardant (fireproof is a load of tosh) self extinguishing is a better description 
should have been used regardless IMHO
A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

mk1

Things were bad for May before Kensington

but her  pathetic attempts to hide away from the survivors can only have added to her problems.

There is a bigger issue here. It is that in London the 'poor' are warehoused in cheap Tower Blocks whilst those with means have every possible safety measure built-in and then some. Cast your mind back a few years where it was revealed that special 'Poor Doors' are being constructed so that 'social housing' tenant could come and go without being visible to the more well heeled.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2014/jul/25/poor-doors-segregation-london-flats

Hartlepudlion

If people want to blame a Government then look at the The Regularlty Reform (Fire Safety ) Order 2005 which abolished the need to have a fire safety certificate. The responsibility was passed to landlords to carry out risk assessments to keep premises safe. Which Government passed this order? a LABOUR government!

So I suggest that government responsibility lies with Labour and the main responsibility lies with the management company.

mk1

Quote from: Hartlepudlion on June 16, 2017, 08: PM
If people want to blame a Government then look at the The Regularlty Reform (Fire Safety ) Order 2005 which abolished the need to have a fire safety certificate. The responsibility was passed to landlords to carry out risk assessments to keep premises safe. Which Government passed this order? a LABOUR government!

So I suggest that government responsibility lies with Labour and the main responsibility lies with the management company.

Hmmm......... blaming Labour for making the issue political-and then blaming Labour for the problem. One eyed obsessives abound.

mk1

Who started it!
Certainly not the bong-eyed obsessive Corbyn haters who had their arses handed to them when May's gleefully anticipated  overwhelming mandate for 'hard-brexit' mandate was rejected.

Ryanokees

I don't know why you argue there both equally as s**t

ReturntoZenda

Quote from: mk1 on June 16, 2017, 09: PM
Who started it!
Certainly not the bong-eyed obsessive Corbyn haters who had their arses handed to them when May's gleefully anticipated  overwhelming mandate for 'hard-brexit' mandate was rejected.

Isn't that completely irrelevant to this thread ? Thought so......

mk1

Quote from: ReturntoZenda on June 16, 2017, 10: PM

Isn't that completely irrelevant to this thread ? Thought so......

Who started it?