A Mayor For The Northeast......10.45 Tonight BBC1

Started by fred c, April 20, 2017, 09: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fred c

Candidates for Tees Valley Mayor quizzed by the voters

Land Phil

fred c

FFS.......... We're Doomed, Doomed I tell ye Doomed............

Land Phil

Inspector Knacker

Someone's got to pay for this. Wait till your future rate demand has a Tees Valley precept on it and we can all get really excited about paying into the pot to make 'Borer' the cosmopolitan capital and allow it to grab the city crown it so desperately craves.
On the plus side, you'll be able to get a bus to Borer to see how your money has been spent.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Shepherd

Quote from: Land Phil on April 21, 2017, 12: AM
Hard to decide who was the least worst.

I will be spoiling my ballot paper, could not in good conscience vote (give approval to) any of the shower.

Inspector Knacker

Got my manifesto for the Mayoral elctions.
All the candidates have at least one pet project.
Lib dem has his crossing plan, then spoils it all and delves into aThunderbirds script to waffle on about hyper loop 800 mph trave, for Gods sake you can't get a bus or train after tea. Plus usual waffle.
UKIP mentions a tees valley metro, that one's been on the boil for 35 years and each time Hartlepool is the either erased or the last of the recipients if possible. Plus usual waffle.
Tory target seems to be buying back Teesside Airport. Money Pit for whose benefit.   Plus usual waffle.
Labour, all usual waffle with treacle, thick cloying treacle.  They want to appoint business ambassadors to sell the Tees Valley to the world, will the ambassadors be travelling the world? Make a bid for city of culture (yawn) more waffle then talk of a high pay economy then mentions a  Tees Valley living wage of £8.45 an hour. Does the Tees Valley have it's own economic system now? Plus more waffle.
Promising the earth or howling at the moon?

akarjl

Quote from: Riddler5 on April 21, 2017, 03: PM
Lib dem has his crossing plan, then spoils it all and delves into aThunderbirds script to waffle on about hyper loop 800 mph trave, for Gods sake you can't get a bus or train after tea. Plus usual waffle.
UKIP mentions a tees valley metro, that one's been on the boil for 35 years and each time Hartlepool is the either erased or the last of the recipients if possible. Plus usual waffle.
Tory target seems to be buying back Teesside Airport. Money Pit for whose benefit.   Plus usual waffle.
Labour, all usual waffle with treacle, thick cloying treacle.  They want to appoint business ambassadors to sell the Tees Valley to the world, will the ambassadors be travelling the world? Make a bid for city of culture (yawn) more waffle then talk of a high pay economy then mentions a  Tees Valley living wage of £8.45 an hour. Does the Tees Valley have it's own economic system now? Plus more waffle.
Promising the earth or howling at the moon?

Another ballot paper to be spoilt.

Gustaf I of England + BWH

Ah but Riddler, the best one that UKIP guarantees to offer if elected, is a referendum for "the residents of Darlington, Hartlepool, Teesside and Redcar" so that we can decide whether we want to be a part of the Tees Valley Combined Authority.
Too late me thinks. We are already in whether we like it or not and, as I understand it, there is no way out. So a referendum would achieve nothing, except to waste more CT payers' money. A pointless exercise.

jeffh

Quote from: Gustaf I of England + BWH on April 21, 2017, 05: PM
Ah but Riddler, the best one that UKIP guarantees to offer if elected, is a referendum for "the residents of Darlington, Hartlepool, Teesside and Redcar" so that we can decide whether we want to be a part of the Tees Valley Combined Authority.
Too late me thinks. We are already in whether we like it or not and, as I understand it, there is no way out. So a referendum would achieve nothing, except to waste more CT payers' money. A pointless exercise.
I don't know the inner workings of the TVCA but I would have thought that if the Mayor of the TVCA wanted a referendum he would have to put it to the vote with the cabinet.  In view of the fact that Greater Teesside is in favour of the TVCA and a Mayor they would vote it down.
Only in Hartlepool do the majority party do what the Leader tells them to do - ah the exalted one whom we should stand in wonder at his mere presence - all praise to the SCABS

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: Gustaf I of England + BWH on April 21, 2017, 05: PM
We are not ' in whether we like it or not', this isn't a Stalinist dictatorship. We were taken in on the whim of a clique, we had no say in the matter.
It's gesture politics by UKIP, but that doesn't mean we have to be happy with this Frankenstein authority that nobody wanted in the forst place.