Feeding Frenzy at the Kremlin?

Started by akarjl, December 12, 2016, 09: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steely Dan

One more thing . . . Regardless of what the question is, UKIP is not the answer

Truthache

Increasing Council Tax to fund the currently underfunded social care sector is not the answer.  I agree it needs more funding urgently but firmly believe that this should be from central government through taxation.
Giving the councils the ability to raise council tax is likely to see the greatest burden placed upon some of the poorer areas of the country, where people are least likely to be able to pay.  The poorer areas are also the most likely to need the greatest provision of social care due to areas of deprivation and poor health.
Government should have an urgent rethink.

Inspector Knacker

I think we're missing the point here, this to me is a purely local issue and not even about party politics.
We have a dilemma.
I'm not blaming the ship I'm blaming the crew.
Trouble is the supposed opposition in the form of the local tories looks  like a tweedy cult/ sect.
UKIP are just mute.
The Lib Dems, nah.
So basically we're left with independents as the only available option.

But we must look at this as a purely local issue and fumigate the house to re-use it.
I repeat, it is not the ship it's the crew that needs changing.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: pensionater on December 12, 2016, 05: PM
Riddler5.i have actually tried to do something about those in charge of the Council,despite being a Labour voter myself.There are not many people on here more frustrated than me.But to blame them for every Council tax rise is silly.Would i like to see those in charge go?,yes,would i like to see them replaced by UKIP?,definitely not.
You are voting for those you have tried to remove?
Look, this isn't about a Labour council, there's really good Labour councils, it's about those running this one.
If you feel strongly about it abstain. I'm not saying the result would be perfect, but this like seeing a Ming vase in the hands of a chimp. Let's get the vase back first.

akarjl

Spot on Chimp=Orangutang=Crannible

Until the so called "good" labour councillors ( not sure who they are) grow some we are going to continue to be led by Santas little helpers.

Time for LOCAL councillors to stand up and not be counted as you said .....abstain.

pensionater

Mk1 the ultimate hypocrite."Sometimes  (like in a war) you have to deliberately kill some of your own troops in order to gain victory".MK1 ,the man who went into meltdown over a similar quote made by Farage shortly after the Jo Cox murder,indefensible.As for Riddler5 saying this is a purely local issue,unbelievable.

Hartlepudlion

We are not the only ones

talesfromthetownhall.co.uk

Covers Sheffield and Rotherham but expanding.

fred c

So, if the state of the town at the present time isn't purely a local political issue ? remind us all which ruling group has been running the town for years, which group has consistently seen the towns council tax in the highest half a dozen in the country

Which ruling group has wasted literally millions & millions of pounds on masterplans & visions that have become farcical with no tangible evidence of success.

Which ruling group kept shovelling money into organisation that became a moneypot for a labour councillor, despite it beng clear that abuse was an everyday occurence, a labour councillor who put herself before some of the most deprived people in Hartlepool.

Which ruling group has number of its senior councillors who have told blatant lies in council , meetings, were others have hurled vile abuse at members of the public during council meetings,

There is no doubt that government cuts have impacted on every town in the country, but that fact isn't an excuse for the wasteful excesses presided over by this ruling group.

You cannot consistently defend the indefensible or prejudice political integrity in support of a group who, in some cases have put themselves before the people they were elected to represent.

ReturntoZenda

Quote from: pensionater on December 12, 2016, 04: PM
Zenda the only stupid people are you and the Kipper.9% cut in social care since the Tory's got in.I was going to say i hope you never need to use it.But fkuc it , i hope you do you arrogant ar**.

Er, google 'arrogant'. Certainly doesn't apply to me. Any mirrors in your place ? If your mates didn't p**s millions away on dogsh*te follies, there would be more cash available for all sorts in this town.  Simple really, unless your buddies are leading you by the nose and you refuse to face facts.

akarjl

Quote from: pensionater on December 13, 2016, 08: AM
As for Riddler5 saying this is a purely local issue,unbelievable.

The antics and behaviour of HSBC is a "purely local issue" apparently as a result of the "behaviour" of the LOCAL labour party. Fix the town then start worrying about the country.

Steely Dan

Quote from: Truthache on December 12, 2016, 08: PM
Increasing Council Tax to fund the currently underfunded social care sector is not the answer.  I agree it needs more funding urgently but firmly believe that this should be from central government through taxation.
Giving the councils the ability to raise council tax is likely to see the greatest burden placed upon some of the poorer areas of the country, where people are least likely to be able to pay.  The poorer areas are also the most likely to need the greatest provision of social care due to areas of deprivation and poor health.
Government should have an urgent rethink.

Spot on. Well said.

Usual Tory policy of getting those who can't afford it to foot the bill while their rich friends continue avoiding tax.

not4me

Quote from: akarjl on December 13, 2016, 12: PM
As for Riddler5 saying this is a purely local issue,unbelievable.

The antics and behaviour of HSBC is a "purely local issue" apparently as a result of the "behaviour" of the LOCAL labour party. Fix the town then start worrying about the country.

HSBC? What a load of bankers....

Inspector Knacker

.As for Riddler5 saying this is a purely local issue,unbelievable.
It is a local issue.
Your political devotion to the cause makes you incapable of reasoned understanding if the point in question. I suspect the old mantra of  'I vote  blah, my Dad voted blah, my Granda voted blah and we've been voting blah since the Romans because that's what we do' so the tradition continues. Vote Pavlov.

pensionater

So why will practically every Council in England have to think about increasing its Council tax to help pay for Social Care.?.I know you would like to blame it all on Labour Councils ,but unless you can get a media blackout,your stuck with the truth.

mk1

Mk1 the ultimate hypocrite........................

Nice swerve but you failed to address the salient point. Let me  give you a simple choice.

You are in possession of a deciding vote where the result is entirely down to you.
You can vote in a corrupt, wasteful and  obviously  self-enriching Labour regime or you could vote in  (for example)a regime of  proven honest and incorruptible Conservative individuals.

Tell us how you would vote.