Speechless

Started by steveL, April 23, 2015, 07: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mk1

Quote from: Johnny Bongo on April 23, 2015, 09: PM
I heard that Banksy is painting it....on a toilet door....

I believe this is the real reason the artist made him so slim. He could not find a  barn door to make it more life-like!

Land Phil

Is it titled "Gross Misconduct " ?

marky

At the very least, this has got to be good for a caption competition.  ;D

craig finton

That ear looks a bit Vulcan to me  ???

Tee_Ess_25er

HergĂ©'s adventures of Tintin!!!!.......

Will this be adorning the walls of the council chamber?

ashamedtobebritish

No prizes for guessing who's the Dog !!!

Its Ruff Justice !

Lord Elpus

He'll want a street named after him next, obviously it would have to be a two way street.

I can think of a few suggestions for a name but to publish could be a step too far.

Land Phil

Do we know who painted it, who paid for it, where it is going ?

Can it be gifted to Niramax as a thanks for all their sponsorship?

Hopingforbetter

Land Phil

Looks more like he has a virus than it has gone viral.

At least his father figure likes it.

Gustaf I of England + BWH

This man (and I use the term in its widest sense) just does not know how to stop himself fabricating falsehoods!

At first I thought it very apt. A fitting epitaph to his term in office. But then I realised that I had the perspective all wrong and it isn't a picture of the prison doors closing to lock him away from public view for all eternity (Damn!) Still, if we're looking for a location, we can always hang him in the shopping centre when the mural comes down. It will leave a big empty space and this should just about fill it.

ChrisW

Hello, I'm a new member and this is my first post. I've got no political affiliations.

I ended up having a brief conversation with Chris Akers-Belcher on Twitter today. He claims to have paid for the portrait privately as a gift for Stephen. I asked him to prove it and he said "any time". So I asked him to post a photograph of the invoice on Twitter but he wouldn't, saying that he doesn't post personal payment details there. It's not a difficult job to blur out any personal banking details etc. before posting it. Certainly something that, say, a business development manager for some allotments could do.

He did say, though, that he will show me the invoice at his surgery on Tuesday from 4pm at the Civic Centre if I go down. So not "any time", more a specific time, place and manner specifically laid down by him. I inferred from his comments that he will also happily show the invoice for the portrait to anyone else who pops in to see him at his surgery on Tuesday.

He had a pretty good opportunity to prove he was telling the truth in the public forum of Twitter and thus give his detractors a slap. For some reason he didn't. Personally I believe that it was because you can't prove you're not lying when you are. But that's just my humble opinion, as is the idea that what he lacks in self-awareness is made up for by an astonishing level of arrogance.

fred c

QuoteHe had a pretty good opportunity to prove he was telling the truth in the public forum of Twitter and thus give his detractors a slap. For some reason he didn't. Personally I believe that it was because you can't prove you're not lying when you are. But that's just my humble opinion, as is the idea that what he lacks in self-awareness is made up for by an astonishing level of arrogance.

How perceptive of you to notice  :) :) :)

Welcome to The Post ChrisW...............

marky

Quote from: Gustaf I of England + BWH on April 25, 2015, 07: PM
This man (and I use the term in its widest sense) .......

I wish people wouldn't make this sort of comment. I think it's pretty obvious that both of these carpetbaggers would be equally obnoxious even if they were straight so their sexuality is irrelevant and it always has been.

Foggy

I also think that the comments regarding someone's sexuality should be left out of the discussion. Jonathan Brash made that very point at the extraordinary meeting last year. Unfortunately I am seeing more and more of these irrelevant references in various comments left by people on different platforms, particularly Facebook. Making comments of this nature undermines the points people are making and doesn't help Councillors who are trying to make him accountable for his actions.

Regarding the portrait.. Is it just me or does CAB appear to be revelling in the fuss it has caused? His comments on Twitter certainly make it look like he is. He has of course used the furore to have a go at 'our sad opposition councillors'.

'Sad opposition councillors'... That'll be the Tories then.  ;)