No Return

Started by steveL, April 12, 2015, 06: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveL

Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

fred c

SRMoore

Call me nostalgic but I miss the old bus station.

How we ever went from a proper terminus which allowed for traffic to run normally whilst buses parked up to a bus stand that hasn't even a siding is beyond me...

fred c

Marge was keen to remind me at her committee`s meeting (Neighbourhoods n somat) that the Old Bus Station "Didn`t belong to HBC" but to United Buses.... maybe i shouldn`t have reminded her of the £4 Million spent on the Transport Interchange.

SRMoore

Correction - I've just been down for my morning paper and there is a siding. Well... Half a one anyway. Just long enough for one bus and wide enough for half of one. No surprise I've missed it every other time ;)

Inspector Knacker

There's a pattern developing here. Public bodies from councils to hospital Trusts telling us they've made things better when to the public they haven't.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Land Phil

I don't think people think that when they knock places down like the old bus station they also take away a lot of memories.

Talking of busses, from what I have seen the free bus wouldn't have generated a penny more if they had charged a fare, should rename it the ghost bus.
I am sure that will be hailed a success too.

seaton

Quote from: Land Phil on April 13, 2015, 08: AM
I don't think people think that when they knock places down like the old bus station they also take away a lot of memories.

Talking of busses, from what I have seen the free bus wouldn't have generated a penny more if they had charged a fare, should rename it the ghost bus.
I am sure that will be hailed a success too.

Any feedback about how busy it was ?

craig finton

Total waste of diesel ..... and money.