Read and Weep!

Started by steveL, March 25, 2015, 04: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveL

HARTLEPOOL COUNCIL PRESS RELEASE

Council demonstrates commitment to Armed Forces

A public presentation will be made to meeting later this week (Thursday 26 March) to demonstrate Hartlepool Council's commitment to the Armed Forces.

Councillor Allan Barclay, Hartlepool Council's Armed Forces Champion, will talk about the Council's work over the last 12 months supporting Armed Forces personnel - both past and present - and their families at a meeting of the Full Council which starts at 7pm.

Hartlepool Council signed the Armed Forces Community Covenant in 2012, which commits the Council to supporting the Armed Forces in a variety of ways.

Councillor Barclay – an Army veteran himself – said he is looking forward to the presentation.

He said: "It will give me an opportunity as Armed Forces Champion to talk a little bit about the progress we have made to date since signing the Community Covenant.

"There has never been a more important time to support and promote the good work of the Armed Forces.

"As a former military man myself I fully appreciate the fantastic work that our Armed Forces do in protecting our country and helping to keep people safe around the world.

"The work of the Armed Forces should never be under-estimated and I see it as part of my role to promote the excellent contribution they make to society."

The meeting takes place in the Council Chamber, Civic Centre.

Press release PR16436    23 March 2015.
Issued by Alastair Rae, Public Relations Manager, on 01429 523510.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Johnny Bongo

More like read it and puke! 

fred c

Party Propaganda....... Dressed up as a Statement about the Armed Forces.... I take it that Barclay is up for re-election, you really couldn`t make this lot up.

The TorLab Mob have until April 12th to fill the Mail with B****x, then the Purdah Period kicks in.