Closed or Adjourned - You Decide

Started by steveL, March 02, 2015, 01: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveL

http://youtu.be/1OqvZy2f7VI

A couple of things really, the first being that 3 or 4 people actually puts their coats on and left at this point, presumably thinking that the meeting was over.

Also, it's worth remembering that, apart from Robbie Payne, who wasn't at the meeting on the 16th, the whole Labour Group as well as the two Tories, Loynes and Wells, voted that the minutes, which stated that the meeting had been adjourned, were a 'true and accurate record of events'.

All opposition councillors who had been present disagreed.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Lord Elpus

Stubbs asks Councillors to respect Council.  He needs to have a chat with SAB and point out that his actions on many occasions have shown disrespect to the role of Chairman of the Council and the residents of Hartlepool.

SAB is a disgrace, I'll always stand when the Mace enters the Chamber in recognition of Council, but I have complete and utter contempt for the person who holds the position.  Richardson, for all his faults at least had a degree of respect as a Chairman.

SAB has become a caricature of himself in so many ways.  Hartlepool deserves better

DRiddle

He's just an absolute liability.

The likes of Robbie Payne who seems to be facing deselection and the prospect of having to scrap in Seaton for a seat, must look at this video and think "Hang on a minute".

As SABs a sitting councillor in Manor House, it's likely the public could have to put up with this farce for another 40 years or so.

Land Phil

Who adjourned the hospital, Foggy Furze library and the town centre council run cafes ?

He deserves ridicule at every subsequent meeting until he is voted out.

testing times

They say that 'the truth is out there'; well maybe and if it is then someone really needs to show both the Labour Group and the Conservatives where it is because they seem to have lost sight of it.

marky

You're all being very, very naughty. Remember that Mr Stubbs said that you should all show more respect.

Land Phil

His body language clearly says 'I am a liar'.

Foggy

He 100% closed the meeting on 16th Feb.  He warned the public several times that if the disruption continued he would 'close the meeting'.  At no point before the 'adjournment' did the word 'adjourn' come out of his mouth.

How much longer do we have to put up with him 'chairing' meetings? I can't remember how long he is supposed to be ceremonial mayor for.  Having said that isn't his tribunal in April?... could things come crashing down around him sooner rather than later??

steveL

His maximum two-year term as Chair will come to an end after the May elections. At a guess, I would say his Labour colleagues are praying for the day but in the meantime they have decided to grin and bear it rather than see him ousted. I would expect Richardson to take his place which won't be much of an improvement. Richardson was Chair for several years before SAB and was seriously biased in his handling of meetings.

I know people jokingly make reference to North Korea but Labour are undoubtedly serious control freaks. Nothing is left to chance. So hijacking the normally neutral position of the Chair of the Council is nothing to them. Likewise, getting rid of supplementary questions was one of the first things that they did after Drummond went. They will absolutely hate all of this videoing that is going on and will be desperately trying to think of ways of clamping down on it. It was interesting that 6 months after the new legislation allowing videoing of meetings came in we were all greeted with new 'guidance' hand-outs placed on the seats of the public gallery - they are working on it.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Foggy

The Carl option doesn't sound much better.  His innocent 'I never make personal insults' act on Thursday didn't fool anyone.

One other thing I will say is that they need to be a little more careful who they make deputy mayor this time.  I think poor Mary will still be traumatised after they last time she was dropped in it asked to step in and chair a meeting.

steveL

The role of Chair of the Council and 'Ceremonial Mayor' needs to be split. Mary would make a perfectly good 'Ceremonial Mayor' in recognition of the years she has put in as a ward Councillor but clearly she is out of her depth as a Chair.

fred c

Lets face it, the only reason The Handsome one was allowed (In his Case the Dubious Honour ) of being ceremonial Mayor 3.... yes 3 times, was a collective act of a*** kissing by the rest of The Mob.

It has always been a recognition of a councilors civic commitment & as far as i can remember it was for a period of 1 year, there may have been the odd exception but it is unheard of for anyone to have 3 consecutive years in the position.

Only in Hartlepool & only under The TorLab Mob.

for fawkes sake

I wonder what any of the Labour sheep think about themselves and their own morality once they have seen this video. It's now out in the open that, as far as their group is concerned at least, it's now not only OK to lie but also they clearly don't give a hoot that the public know about it.

Madness, absolute madness.
"Remember, remember the fifth of November.
Gunpowder, Treason and Plot.
I see no reason why Gunpowder Treason
Should ever be forgot."

fred c

What worries them more than most things is the increase in members of the public that are now starting to involve themselves in the various meetings.

Civic involvement has always given The Mob the skitters, the stunts they have been getting up to in the last few years has been noticed by an awful lot of people who aren't prepared to sit back and take it.

The more people who attend full council meetings,  the more people get to know how dysfunctional & self serving they are.

As Wolfie would have said........

POWER TO THE PEOPLE

Hartlepudlion

Instead of complaining on here make it OFFICIAL.

Email or write to the Borough solicitor pointing out that the minutes are blatantly inaccurate as the video shows and that action should be taken to rectify the this inaccuracy. You could also ask that the Chair and the Councillors who voted for the acceptance of the minutes be sanctioned for lying.