Pride of Hartlepool

Started by Ted Bass, September 05, 2014, 10: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SRMoore

Quote from: fred c on September 06, 2014, 09: AM
Civic Honours in Hartlepool were downgraded to the level of a "Joke in A Christmas Cracker" when "The TorLab Mob" awarded Mandelson The Freedom Of the Borough.

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/4740890.print/

I think you'll find that was down to the then Labour Leader Cllr Jonathan Brash who arrived the whole thing up and pink papered it to ensure Mandelson got the honour.

Lord Elpus

'I think you'll find that was down to the then Labour Leader Cllr Jonathan Brash who arrived the whole thing up and pink papered it to ensure Mandelson got the honour'.

There was only one vote against Mandleson in the March 2010 Ceremony that of Cllr Geoff Lilley.  He was phoned by Cleveland Police in the morning of the meeting and asked if rumours that he was going to make a protest were true (Lilley took it as a subtle threat).  When the Officer was told that Cllr Lilley just wished to have his vote against registered as is his right, the Officers was mift that he'd been sold a pup.  When the Officer was asked he admitted the source of his information was Cllr Carl Richardson, I'm sure Carlos was a Member of the Police Authority at the time.

Ted Bass

Quote from: The Great Dictator on September 05, 2014, 11: PM
Goffy is a Tyneside DJ, nothing to do with hartlepool.

Thats odd I thought he was born and bred in Hartlepool and worked here for years.
The loneliness of the long distance lorry driver

Ted Bass

Quote from: Tommy on September 06, 2014, 08: AM
Ted Bass, why Paul Gough?

Your choices of the two people who are (or in Gough's case was, but not anymore) known for work within media, there are far more locals that are or once were involved in media in the town, even the group that established our town radio station is more worthy than a has been pub DJ.

I could go on more about your favored outdated celebrity Paul Gough, however I will save that for your next mention of him.

Our town is full of celebrities or celebrities that once had an affiliation with it, Wayne Sleep, Wincy Willis (lived off Elwick Road I think), and a stack of others.

I can't think of any celebrities living in Hartlepool, Wincey Willis, where is she now? Same with Wayne Sleep, though I'm sure Ste and Chris are big fans of his work.

Paul Gough is still working on the radio, he can be heard every week on BBC Tees, a good local station. Your comment about other media people, surely you can't mean Joy Yates or (dare I say his name) Barry Hackwood?

Ted Bass

Quote from: The Great Dictator on September 06, 2014, 10: AM
Drummond deserves nothing, he was there to collect £1500 a week and then disappeared when he was thrown out.

Why didn't he come back as a councillor and punish the Labour party ?

He's a carpetbagger like the SCABS.

I imagine Ste and Chris to be more into teabagging

Tommy

Ted Bass, you have an obvious obsession with Mr Gough, I am no great detective, however this whole topic started by your own hand seems to be a possible rant in favor of your Idle receiving a civic award, for being a pub DJ (your own words "and even longer in clubs and bars"), you need to grow up a little as I am sure there's a 101 more worthy candidates than him.

You wrote in reply to The Great Dictator:

"Thats odd I thought he was born and bred in Hartlepool and worked here for years."

and give him a civic award for that?

You wrote in reply to my post on your topic:

"I can't think of any celebrities living in Hartlepool, Wincey Willis, where is she now? Same with Wayne Sleep, though I'm sure Ste and Chris are big fans of his work."

Wincey Willis, and Wayne Sleep has obviously brought a little more to town (in the way of being proud of mentioning, nationally and internationally), that they have resided here than by just being from here than Mr Gough ever could. Your bit about Ste and Chris being fans of Wayne, I wouldn't know if the both appreciate ballet, you must assume they do, do you?

you went of to attempt to quantify why you possibly think Mr Gough should have received a civic award, you wrote:

"Paul Gough is still working on the radio, he can be heard every week on BBC Tees, a good local station."

I dont listen to BBC Tees much, but when I have, I have never heard him, he must have a speaking part at some obscure hour, and BBC Tees is not a Local station at all, its a regional BBC station thats why its called "Tees" short for Teeside I think, encompassing, North Yorkshire, Teesside, Cleveland, County Durham and parts of Tyne and Wear.

You continued and wrote:

"Your comment about other media people, surely you can't mean Joy Yates or (dare I say his name) Barry Hackwood?"

my answer to you is, you know exactly which media group I mean!

I am guessing, that you Ted Bass wrote in favor to the civic committee for Mr Gough or it does sound a little like you are Mr Gough himself, could I be right? (this is all starting to sound a bit like a Scooby Doo cartoon mystery).

Should we get back on Topic and comment overall on the suspected corruption of Cllrs on the committee itself? or would you like to set up another topic relating to your chosen celebrity?

pensionater

When they can name Close's and Drives after 4th division footballers anythings possible.

Tommy

Before Tedd Bass and I are told to get a room (off the other posters on here) does anybody know of anyone that was nominated, but rejected?

I know that Cllr Brash posts on here (not much lately), he could spill the beans on a few rejections no doubt from his time on the committee.

testing times

I do hope that we haven't descended to the point when mere celebrity is the sole criterion for selection. We made that mistake with Stelling for simply declaring which football club he supports on national TV. I think we should be setting the bar a little higher than that.

Ted Bass

Tommy "Yes I got him there mother, didnt I mother, am I ready for the potty Mother"

grim reaper

Lord Elpus;
Lord Help us with a police force like Cleveland Police.
If what you state is correct, it ought to have been investigated.  >:(
How DARE they put pressure on anyone for having a different point of view to the cretins in the chamber?
It is nothing less than a scandal.  >:(

There are moves afoot to consider merging police forces in the UK.
Let's hope the morally bankrupt Cleveland Police is disbanded and we revert to Durham Police.
Not that they will be any better but, like wanting rid of Iain Wright, as long as Cleveland goes we can face whatever Durham throws up.
Ditto Wrighty.

PostItNote

This Honour is supposed to be an Honour.

However, with such suspicion around it, each one given is not worth the paper it is written on.

With each nomination, there is a suspicion that people are putting people forward for favour.  People are getting honours for favour.  It is obvious it is CORRUPT.  Just another thing for our failing police force to NOT investigate and allow the criminals to get away scott free.

Under the circumstances, I don't think it should be any joke to nominate John Darwin.  After all, it seems that his behaviour is that what is truly expected of a Freeman of Hartlepool or Alderman.

Anyone who truly believes in the good of Hartlepool WOULD NOT ACCEPT until this corruption by the so called Committee is sorted out.

Let us go to the front page of Hartlepool Post, how can someone be well enough to do the stressful job of defending his honour as Leader of the Council and not do the job of Healthwatch Manager which actually conflicts with the job of Leader of the council if there is a problem brought to the Healthwatch project because the council is corrupt.

All of these Honours are bogus.  Recipients should read this site and give them back if they truly want to promote Hartlepool as a good town that looks after residents and businesses.