Nepotism within HBC

Started by Tommy, July 17, 2014, 03: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tommy

Got in to heated conversation with a good friend of mine in Billingham Town Center (it hasn't half come on mind) this morning, he said that HBC its partnered businesses, Officers and Elected members are all guilty of Nepotism, I disagreed at the time but soon realised how right he was.

You have probably read the paragraph above and are thinking "and your point is Tommy?", just thought I would bring it up, as I don't think many will disagree that Nepotism is rife within HBC overall.

fred c

The Peer Review Groups report highlighted a number of serious issues in the running of HBC, principle amongst the reasons was the lack of Openness, Transparency & most importantly of all...... Accountability.

Like KD, i tend to think that cronyism is more of a problem than nepotism within the council..... that & the fact that officers have been placed under duress to accommodate the vagaries of certain councillors.

I also am of the firm conviction that the "Register of Interests" has, over recent years been very badly neglected & even after the Peer Review it didn`t improve to any great extent.