Bye Bye Burger King

Started by craig finton, June 26, 2014, 03: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

craig finton

I wondered what was going on with Burger King. Now we know and another Marina based business bites the dust. Hang on a minute - I'm having a vision....

http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/business/bailiffs-called-in-to-burger-king-on-hartlepool-marina-1-6695522

DRiddle

When a restaurant chain that makes around a quarter of a billion pounds a year globally, is forced to shut up shop in Hartlepool due to bailiffs, you know our town is still in the mire economically.

I don't claim to be Warren Buffet, but I'm pretty sure Hartlepool won't dig itself out of a hole if our financial strategy is being decided by a benefits clerk and a driving instructor.

#PrayforHartlepool

This is definitely not a good time for councillors to be looking for a pay rise.

pensionater

Do Burger King do franchises ?.If so it's probably down to poor individual management,or the fact they have McDonalds across the road.

DRiddle

They do indeed do franchises. In fact, their corporate strategy at global level over the last few years has been to off load a lot of restaurants onto franchisee's (presumably) to help combat the economic downturn.

The idea being I guess that with a franchise the financial risk is off loaded onto the franchise holder.

Either way, the point remains that it hardly smacks of economic prosperity when a food outlet that sells burgers from 99p a go shuts up shop in a town where the most buoyant retail outlets sell stuff for £1.

Still, chin up eh?

A Ferris Wheel should sort it all out...

pensionater

So Kipperdip because i'm not blaming the Council i'm wrong again.I don't mean to be blunt but why don't you  go f**k yerself.