No Surprise

Started by not4me, June 13, 2014, 08: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mk1

Not another 'I am Spartacus' spat?

Do we need to return to the time when every second poster was outed as Stephen Close?

Inspector Knacker

I think the only John I haven't been accused of being is John the Baptist....!
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

mk1

Quote from: Riddler5 on June 13, 2014, 06: PM

You are not fooling anyone. My research has revealed you are.................Prester John!

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: mk1 on June 13, 2014, 10: PM

You are not fooling anyone. My research has revealed you are.................Prester John!
Is that a record number of johns in one topic...? Can I claim a prize....?
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Paul Thompson

Hi Tommy (again)

Thanks for your recent inquiry as to my health.  It is true that I had some surgery on Wednesday morning to which I am still recovering from.  As this is a public forum, you will forgive me for not broadcasting the finer nuances of my personal health.  Safe to say that the "rumour mill" can be informed that will make a full recovery within the next week and will be back in the Civic Centre being my usual irritating self.

Regarding my recent weight-gain, I had been filling out so that the Civic Robes would fit.  Now that that plan has been scuppered, I better get back on my cycle and loose some flubber.  My holidays are comingup soon and I need to return the the handsome Adonis that I once was.

There is no need to worry about me, I have a loving wife who is worrying enough for the entire town. 

Tommy

Just read your reply, it does break the ice a bit of humor relating to your health, yes well I do hope you are on your way to recovery soon and as for the robes I am sure that he is the first Mayor in a long time to have used them, again I may be wrong.

testing times

well all of those free buffets wouldn't have helped - best out of it.

steveL

I'm John the Baptist!
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

stokoe

Quote from: steveL on June 15, 2014, 01: PM

I'm John the Baptist!

Thought robert ryan was.

Paul,

They don't like cyclists here, just look at the stick your mate Jimmy and his friend Harry got.

I'd stick to walking or running or something less likely to group you in with the troublemakers  ;) :p

stokoe

Quote from: 0094994 on June 16, 2014, 11: PM
Paul,

They don't like cyclists here, just look at the stick your mate Jimmy and his friend Harry got.

I'd stick to walking or running or something less likely to group you in with the troublemakers  ;) :p

0094994 do you know something your right. Now run along.

mk1

Quote from: 0094994 on June 16, 2014, 11: PM

You always put me in mind of Mrs Merton as you appear to be desperate to start a 'heated debate'.

peterf

Just to get back on topic, as some of you will know, I unwisely rented a house to Angela Wilcox. Since I wasn't living in the town at the time, I didn't know who she was. Her previous rental vandalism story didn't hit the papers until some weeks after she moved in...

Anyway, as well as all the post that still arrives for Angela from various companies chasing her for money she's defrauded them out of, we also get post for...

Christopher Akers-Belcher

I wonder why this is? Why would he be using the address of my house to have post sent to? Is he also using my address for purposes of fraud?

mk1

Quote from: peterf on June 17, 2014, 04: PM
, we also get post for...

Christopher Akers-Belcher

Please tell me it is from credit companies and someone is using his identity to get goods and services..........please.

The way the post operates I would not be surprised if one arrived damaged and you accidently got a glimpse of it as you  checked to see if it was for you.

mk1

The SCABs check here on a regular basis. Let us know how quickly  he turns up to collect his mail.