No Surprise

Started by not4me, June 13, 2014, 08: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

not4me

No surprise as the Tory/Labour Junta continue to lock down any positions of influence to suit their own needs. What's new is the 'final 3rd term' but I predict that next year Labour will split the roles of ceremonial Mayor and Council Chair. The Council Chair gets to decide which public questions are 'acceptable' and they won't give up the chance to filter out the awkward ones.

http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/local/third-and-final-term-for-mayor-1-6670725

steveL

'Lock down' is a pretty good way of describing it. The Tory/Labour coalition have pretty much got it wrapped up - all the committee chairs, council chairman and chairman of the 'scrutinising' Audit and Governance Committee not to mention Councillor Stubbs.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

The Great Dictator

Stubbs has to go with the flow whoever is in charge.

TSteels

Before last night's meeting Cllr Thompson was effectively asked to withdraw his name from consideration. Cllr Brash was told "Is there concern that some members might use this occasion to damage the reputation of the Council, then yes."

The Labour Group tried to get the vote done in secret or without the dignitaries because having a democratic vote was somehow unseemly.

The only damage done to council last night was by the Labour Group, with the real low point being a member of the Labour Group hissing Cllr Brash when he approached the podium to speak. A hiss that could be heard on the other side of the chamber. Speaks for itself. 

Tommy

Hello TSteels I do hope Cllr Thompson is ok health wise as the rumor mill is churning, ok a tea/coffee drinking friend of mine that uses a York Road Cafe, said he has piled the weight on, I say this as I do know of a few illnesses that would do this. 

As you said It must have been off putting as I am guessing when you stood up to speak for another Councillor allegedly getting hissed at by anyone.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: Tommy on June 13, 2014, 11: AM
Hello TSteels I do hope Cllr Thompson is ok health wise as the rumor mill is churning, ok a tea/coffee drinking friend of mine that uses a York Road Cafe, said he has piled the weight on, I say this as I do know of a few illnesses that would do this. 

Sorry......you've lost me.....please explain.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Tommy

Hi John, its in reference to Cllr Thompsons apparent weight gain, and making an enquiry, is that the answer you were asking for? as your question to me was pretty vague to me.

Inspector Knacker

Vague......? Whatever.......I'll keep it stunningly simple...what relevance does a persons weight gain or loss have to snything....?

mk1

Quote from: Riddler5 on June 13, 2014, 02: PM
Vague......? Whatever.......I'll keep it stunningly simple...what relevance does a persons weight gain or loss have to snything....?

To me it read like a concern about what caused the weight gain (if indeed there was any gain) rather than (as you imply) a 'fat joke'.

the_exile

It would appear that thre story has "fallen" off the Sheffield mail's website

There is an old saying - The truth hurts, and judging by the comments on that piece whilst it was on the website then the "handsome one" must have contacted the mail to take it down to stop him getting hurt anymore

It is yet one more scandalous and outrageous decision by the leaders of our once great town.

The referendum held in Hartlepool for the people of Hartlepool came up with the answer that the people of Hartlepool DO NOT WANT an elected mayor. The CEREMONIAL mayor should be just that.... CEREMONIAL and the HONOUR should be given to the longest serving Councillor irrelevant of which party or persuasion, and for a term of 12 months............................ Now that is not a radical idea, it is infact how it used to be done.

Who gave the mandate to the Council to change this?

Would the "Handsome One" have been voted in by the public of Hartlepool?

Who the F**K cuts their hair?

The answer to one of those three questions is a resounding NO

and I have checked with google there are no hairdressers in Hartlepool called NO (and we all know they shop local) and the word NO does not fit the answer to the first question.

The two Achers-Belchers (I dont know which one is which, mind you i also struggle with Ant and Dec) will bring this town to its knees and we will all pay the price.

Tommy

John, I suspect un necessarily you are having a go at me (a Hartlepool word) I really cant be bothered to answer your silly (my opinion) digs on here.

I guess you think I am, however I aint taking the Mikey out of Cllr Brash or Cllr Thompson (your friends) and if I were I am sure they could answer for themselves, like I said lets move on and continue to have digs at those elected members that you don't agree with (common goal like me) and not me.

Thank you for understanding John that we are in this together.

Inspector Knacker

stokoe

see we have another nut on.

Tommy

thanks again,

(playing along in jest) yours Janet.

Now should we get back on topic.

Inspector Knacker

You should be in politics........