Here We Go (2) Seaton

Started by steveL, April 21, 2014, 02: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveL

Here's a new approach. I'm not even sure if this is legal - perhaps the Labour Party has been privatised? Either way, it's not often we've seen an election leaflet delivered complete with adverts for the candidates business - actually never. It has a look of self-sponsorship about it which suggests Labour have given up on Seaton.

Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

DRiddle

I think they'll be one or two candidates at Seaton having a VERY good look through the representation of the people act...

DRiddle

Interesting one this. I gave early indication of some PHF potential candidates via our facebook, but each time I referred to them as 'prospective' candidates in line with the rules, as Mr K says.

More interestingly (potentially) are the rules in the ROTP act with regard to 'treating', concerning food, drink, music etc.

In NO WAY am I suggesting Mr Miah is in breach of the act, but including flyers advertising a cheap chicken balti is sailing pretty close to the wind.

But then I guess so is promising free disposal of white goods (worth £15) a few days before the act kicks in.

And so I writing a letter using council resources that arrived on people's doormats (certainly some of them at least) AFTER the election had been called.

That said, this is Hartlepool. The rules (seemingly) don't apply like they do in other parts of the country.

marky

Poor lad. He's only 18 and is already so 'on message' it sounds like he has been grown on a petri-dish in one of Labour's incubators.

not4me

Aye, go easy on him. He looks a canny lad and smartly dressed. He's at the bottom of a long learning curve but I hope he finds the experience interesting.

DRiddle

I've got no issue with young people getting actively involved in politics at whatever level. I've been encouraging it for years. I think it's great. I just hope the kids are actually aware they've joined a political party....  ;)

I hope they're paying their own membership fees ...  ::)

Jamescampbell78

They like them young. Easy to control and turn into clones.

You sure he wasn't just delivering both leaflets at the same time to be efficient? ;)

Anyone seen anything about De Brus Ward? Not had any leaflets other than the Labour newsletter a few weeks ago that conveniently arrived at around the time we'd run out of toilet paper.

Pwilson

Young people involved is a good thing.

But a young man who won't be allowed his own views will just be used as a poster boy for the brainless power hungry party leaders.

Lord Elpus

If I was this young man I'd be looking to stand in a ward in Victoria ward.