CAB as Das Fuhrer

Started by for fawkes sake, April 03, 2014, 05: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

for fawkes sake

Reading through the posts on here, the articles on the main pages and the occasional story in The Hartlepool Mail it occurs to me that Cllr Chris may well be the least in favour of us all of a genuine committee system. I have in mind some of the shenanigans that went on in the final year of Mr Drummond's tenure.

It was obvious to some at the time but it's even more obvious to me now with hindsight that the deliberate and orchestrated undermining of Drummond during that last year was very little to do with a desire to return to the old committee system, rather it was all based on simple envy on Cllr Chris' part.

A return to the 'old' committee system, although this was how it was sold to the public, is a long way from what we actually got. What we have now is quite different to the committee system we had pre-Drummond. I read the post regarding what was actually said at the Finance and Policy Meeting by Cllr Chris: that he was not only Chair of that particular committee but that he was also Leader of the Council and as such it was his right to make what I suppose would be called 'executive decisions'

So were those 12 months that made up Drummond's last year in office all about envy and jealousy and not at all about 'being more democratic'.

Is it that simple? That Cllr Chris simply coveted Drummond's executive powers?

The spikey haired one does seem to have been engaged in wiping out much of what happened under Drummond's period, the Local Plan being the most obvious event - an event which from where I'm sitting seems to have indeed led to the predicted free-for-all as well as a colossal and unnecessary cost to us all.

Even on smaller matters, the standard rules of  Governance which apply to all local authorities seem now to be viewed as having increasing irrelevance and are ignored with all the importance of a shrug of the shoulders.

The scale of what is wrong with our local council is now breath-taking but is has shown up the great weakness of our democratic system; namely that if the British public don't accept their own responsibility in rejecting rotten fruit when it appears then the crooks and carpetbaggers will continue to win the day.
"Remember, remember the fifth of November.
Gunpowder, Treason and Plot.
I see no reason why Gunpowder Treason
Should ever be forgot."

Pwilson

I'm still waiting for my town to be boosted by the £1million a year scrapping the Mayoral system saved.

Even if I was a Labour supporting as Tony Benn I couldn't begin to think CAB is anything other than a liability as a leader.

Jamescampbell78

Is the grammatical error in the title (Das instead of Der) deliberate?

Mican

Quote from: Jamescampbell78 on April 03, 2014, 08: PM
Is the grammatical error in the title (Das instead of Der) deliberate?

Do you actually know the difference between Das and Der, especially in the context of this post?

Jamescampbell78

Having studied German at A Level I think I know what you're trying to imply. Wasn't sure if it was deliberate.

Mican

Quote from: Jamescampbell78 on April 04, 2014, 01: PM
Having studied German at A Level I think I know what you're trying to imply. Wasn't sure if it was deliberate.

I simply asked a question which you havn't answered, nor was I trying to imply anything, deliberately or not.  Whatever the hell that is supposed to mean.

mk1

Quote from: Mican on April 04, 2014, 03: PM

I simply asked a question which you havn't answered, nor was I trying to imply anything, deliberately or not.  Whatever the hell that is supposed to mean.

I think what we have here is the thought police getting on your case..............

Jamescampbell78

In the terms of German grammar I understand the difference between Der and Das and how the context in which they are used can change the meaning of something quite simple.

I was just idly wondering if the poster knew the difference or whether I'm missing an in-joke somewhere?

Mican

Quote from: Jamescampbell78 on April 04, 2014, 04: PM
In the terms of German grammar I understand the difference between Der and Das and how the context in which they are used can change the meaning of something quite simple.

I was just idly wondering if the poster knew the difference or whether I'm missing an in-joke somewhere?

Are you would be politician James, a simple answer to the question would have been enough, instead of implications and in-jokes, once again whatever the hell they are supposed to mean.

brassed off monkey

I just thought it was a rather funny Video  ::) ::)

Jamescampbell78

Doesn't matter, I was just being a grammar pedant.

The correct use of noun gender in German when describing the male/masculine article is Der.

Das is the neuter.

This is verging on boring and geeky so I'll stop now.

Memphis Belle

I scraped a 'C' at O level and I was wondering the same as James. 

Everyone who has ever had a  German lesson knows that Der is the correct form. 

It is a simple question - did the OP use 'Das' accidentally or not?

brassed off monkey

Quote from: Memphis Belle on April 05, 2014, 12: AM
I scraped a 'C' at O level and I was wondering the same as James. 

Everyone who has ever had a  German lesson knows that Der is the correct form. 

It is a simple question - did the OP use 'Das' accidentally or not?

I still thought it was an amusing video clip.......... However as it appears to be causing a certain amount of consternation amongst posters, I will pop back to You Tube Video...... & Give the Gadgie who posted it a Damm Good Talking Too.