Manor Residents Wound Up?

Started by steveL, March 17, 2014, 11: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveL

Odd bit of news from the Charity Commission. According to them, Manor Residents is still in operation and has not gone into administration.

The company that was supposed to be overseeing this had asked Wilcox for part-payment and I'm wondering if Wilcox did the usual and didn't pay and so the company walked leaving the job half-done.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

lynda

When I enquired about The Manor Family Centre Limited running from the same address, I was told they had an application in for it to become a Charity.

jimbo

So what is the current committie covering?  Manor residents or Manor family centre??? because i have heard on the jungle drums that the MRA bank account has been un-frozen????? Hmmmmmmm

lynda

Your guess is as good as mine Jimbo   ;) But im not going anywhere. All im waiting for is Justice. Im an Army Brat. Im stronger than people think. And I will give up what the Judge awarded me to see that Justice served.

Lucy Lass-Tick

Good for you Lynda - I believe that you will get justice in the end!

lynda

Thank you. Don't get me wrong though.Its been hard but it was taking over my life. I made a conscious decision to put it all to one side and move forward. Waiting for Justice is hard. It turned political and those people let us down. They brushed it under the carpet and didn't face their responsibilities. But I can sleep on a night can they? :)

fred c

Quote from: lynda on March 17, 2014, 02: PM
When I enquired about The Manor Family Centre Limited running from the same address, I was told they had an application in for it to become a Charity.

Lynda......... Hi glad your still perservering with this, its a pity the "Ex Trustees" don`t have the same moral compass as yourself, as for sleeping at night i don`t think they will lose any sleep over it......... but that shows what kind of characters they are, low life, no goods who lack any sense of fair play & decency.

On the Manor Family Centre thing, if the same people are running it, that ran Manor Residents, an email to the Charity Commission giving those names & details wouldn`t go amiss, i think they would be loath to grant charitable status to the same regime, it would be asking for trouble.

lynda

Pwilson

How can I contact a site admin?

I've been told stuff second hand about Manor but don't know what the rules on posting things without evidence are.

admin

steveL

Like many others, largely as  result of the articles in The Mail and the fact that Wilcox was working with a wind-up company, we were under the impression that Manor Residents had gone into liquidation.

I understand that there are several thousands of pounds owed in rent to HBC and that early last year, HBC was in the process of repossessing the premises on the basis that the leasehold was not transferrable. It now seems that Manor Residents has simply been allowed to continue to occupy the premises accruing more rent arrears even though it had been claimed that they were insolvent.

I know that a part-payment was due to the wind-up company before progressing matters and it could be that Wilcox didn't pay the interim payment and so the wind-up never actually happened - a possibility given her record.

The plain fact is that Manor Residents is still active and is still totting up rent arrears all with the full knowledge of HBC and Manor Councillors.

I heard recently that Cllr James was in the process of trying to get the leasehold transferred to the Manor Family Centre and was walking around the centre trying to find someone to sign the form.

Lynda Gooding was recently in contact with the Charity Commission and they informed her that they had no knowledge of Manor Residents going into administration. The CC had said previously that they were carrying out their own investigation into Manor Residents though I don't know what the outcome was. Again, the CC investigation appeared in The Mail.

None of the industrial tribunal winners has received a penny in compensation so far.

http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/local/insolvent-trouble-hit-manor-residents-association-faces-liquidation-1-5968172

http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/crime/charity-commission-launches-official-inquiry-into-manor-residents-association-1-6203850
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.