Dangerous Dog

Started by tankerville, November 08, 2013, 08: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Great Dictator

mk1

Quote from: tankerville on November 10, 2013, 07: AM
Mk 1 Please there is no need to be aggressive with your posting on this subject blaring headlines does not warrant such a reply.

In the process of protecting my pet. The dog bit my hand it was rather fortunate because of the cold I was wearing thick gloves at the time so the skin wasn't broken.

The officer was informed of this and replied.  He's a nice friendly dog I've just been stroking him.

Once Bitten Twice Shy!

All I pointed out was that dog biting dog is not a police matter. It seems  many thought otherwise and I  hoped to clear up the confusion by bolding the  important bit of the act..
I have had dogs bitten by other dogs and I accept it and just get on with it.
I certainly won't be going round armed to the teeth because of the possible threat.

pensionater

People shouldn't go after the dogs,it's the owners that need sorting out.

tankerville

Just to give you guys an update now things have settled down. I took my pet out this morning for a walk before attending the war memorial service.

Lo and behold this same guy was on the grassed area in Hart Lane near to where the attack took place my dog must have sensed there was danger and saw the Staffie before I did.

The owner of which was on a mobile phone at the time he then spotted both myself and my dog. He rushed to get his dog back on a lead then shouted; Its o/k he's back on his lead This made my mind up.

I've posted my letter to Police Standards Dept Ladgate Lane. whether it's a waste of time or not.

allinthistogether!!

Quote from: mk1 on November 09, 2013, 11: PM

I find most  people who claim they like dogs really  mean is they like their dog and dislike all other dogs.  I had serious problems with a neighbour who claimed my dog bit hers through the  back door and said it cost a couple of hundred quid in vets bills. She made a complaint to the police and they saw me and  simply explained the facts and said they would not get involved. Feeling guilty I said if she gave me the vets bills I would pay them. I never saw a bill and also never could see scars either. The complaint was a fabrication.

Well at least you haven't got a chip on your shoulder because of that MK1...

Dogs should not be allowed to run riot simple as...they will fight just like humans will, but their owners should be held 100% responsible and be punished. Unfortunately it is not the law but it should be.

P.s, i love all dogs  ;)

allinthistogether!!

Quote from: tankerville on November 10, 2013, 06: PM
Just to give you guys an update now things have settled down. I took my pet out this morning for a walk before attending the war memorial service.

Lo and behold this same guy was on the grassed area in Hart Lane near to where the attack took place my dog must have sensed there was danger and saw the Staffie before I did.

The owner of which was on a mobile phone at the time he then spotted both myself and my dog. He rushed to get his dog back on a lead then shouted; Its o/k he's back on his lead This made my mind up.

I've posted my letter to Police Standards Dept Ladgate Lane. whether it's a waste of time or not.

Sounds like a right one...obviously too much effort to give the dog a proper walk so let's it off on the green while texting his mates. What a great life for said dog....