ein schöner Urlaub in Deutschland

Started by steveL, October 27, 2013, 01: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveL

Apparently the SCABS, Dave Stubbs and Damien Wilson are all currently in Hucklehoven on a jolly. Trips to Hucklehoven were supposed to have been knocked on the head years ago and all oversees visits are now supposed to be sanctioned by the appropriate committee - not in this case apparently - a passing whim on CAB's part seems to be enough these days. Cruising on the Rhine?
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

stokoe

Wonder if they took there lederhosen.

Jeff

Can't think of worse company to spend a weekend with..... free or not.

I  may know buggerall but at least I know it

Hartlepudlion

Stokoe. Are you trying to spoil my tea!

Do you think stve has taken his robes?

norfolkngoode

Quote from: stokoe on October 27, 2013, 04: PM

Wonder if they took there lederhosen.

And probably busy waving their schnitzengruben about while wearing it ;)
'They don't like it up em'

Land Phil

steveL

Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

rabbit

"QVC Germany boss set to retire

October 14, 2013

The CEO of QVC Germany, Dr. Ulrich Flatten, is due to retire at the end of 2013 after 12 years at the home shopping network.

QVC said that it will look for a successor to Flatten in the coming months and will consider internal and external candidates for the job."

Or perhaps the Councillors are hoping for some QVC investment in our town.

steveL

Would someone like to try and make sense of this?:

"A council spokesman has confirmed that Stubbs and Wilson also went on the trip but also stated that Christopher and Stephen Akers-Belcher paid their own way as it was originally a personal trip for the pair of them.The cost to the council, for Stubbs and Wilson, was £759.94 excluding expenses and the stated aim was to see what could be learnt from Huckelhoven in terms of "attracting funding, supporting new and fledgling businesses and boosting skills, employment and social inclusion.""

rabbit

I understand most of it and HBC are well experienced in "attracting funding, supporting new and fledgling businesses and boosting skills, employment". And they receive assistance from many sources here.

But the final words....."boosting....... social inclusion"? What`s that about? How do you do that?

ARC86

Killing two birds with one stone.. makes perfectly good sense to me to visit the powerhouse of Europe, lets hope they come back with some new ideas, anything that could possibly generate growth in this town should be looked at in a positive light

CC082

They must be back because I am 99.9% sure I saw CAB last night...

mk1

Quote from: ARC86 on October 29, 2013, 03: PM
Killing two birds with one stone.. makes perfectly good sense to me to visit the powerhouse of Europe, lets hope they come back with some new ideas, anything that could possibly generate growth in this town should be looked at in a positive light

Yes just like the Tall Ships was a great way of attracting  inward investment and (insert stock phrases used to excuse Jollies)

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: CC082 on October 29, 2013, 04: PM
They must be back because I am 99.9% sure I saw CAB last night...

Could it have been Willy Wonka?

ARC86

CC082 I think your correct because i thought i seen the same on Sunday evening.

Steve, honestly what is wrong with visiting another town to see how others go about their business? Would you rather they just sat on their hands and not try and bring any new ideas or investment into town? Nobody is ever to old to learn, nobody is saying the benefits will be imminent, if indeed they are any. 
Your point is a bit like saying David Cameron should never go to China or we should never have hosted the Olympic games. The town needs to branch out and have a voice right across the world and let those investors and entrepreneurs know Hartlepool is open for business. Personally i would back more trips like this whoever was in charge of the council, because the benefits far outweigh the negatives. The fact the Mayor and the leader of the council paid for their own trips should also be applauded.

I do wonder if this topic would even be on the forum if it was your boss, Cllr Liiley who made the journey to represent the town.