Mill House Development

Started by popgoestheweasal., June 01, 2012, 01: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

popgoestheweasal.

I don't play bowls so sod the bowls lot.

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: popgoestheweasal. on June 23, 2012, 04: PM
I don't play bowls so sod the bowls lot.

It's so nice to hear from the public spirited within our community... ::)

no6bus

Quote from: GXDN on June 23, 2012, 02: PM
sorry I'm only new here but you seem to insult councillors at every opportunity yet at the same time isn't it obvious what you are wanting isn't going to happen without their support. Can you not see the flaw in this approach?

it doesnt matter a jot what i or every other person who thinks that this could be a very good scheme for the football supporters, indoor bowlers, leisure centre users and residents of the area the simple fact of the matter is because the mayor backed the plan labour will scupper it without a consideration for what anyone thinks.

but apart from that thank you for pointing out the error of my ways ;)

steveL

I've just walked passed Mill House and noticed that at least a couple of dozen teenagers using the BMX/Skateboard facility and seeming to have a great time. It's clearly a well used facility.

Back to the matter at hand, I'm sure you're right about Labour's animosity to anything Drummond at the moment but as it happens, I don't think it will be necessary for Labour to play its spite card this time. As soon as the plan was exposed to daylight it was shown to full of holes. There's nothing there that the Council can't do on its own without any involvement of the football club. Everything seems to depend on HBC being the main providers of finance and so its pretty clear that nothing is going to happen anyway until the council finances allow it. The reality is that, even when grant money is available, much of it depends on match funding from the council itself and it simply doesn't have the money. Perhaps if the football club paid the market value for the ground then HBC would then be willing to use that as seed money to qualify for any available grants.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

no6bus

isnt the market value the issue, the council turned down £300,000 for it and yet give away land at clavering to a housing association, leadbitter buildings to the college of art, rift house recreation ground with a bigger footprint and in a better area for housing than the vic to the 6th form college.

no6bus

and the relevance of that link to this topic is?

oh jimmy carr can pay for the vic from his tax savings good idea ::)

no6bus

but surely i would have to have some credibility in order to lose it  :o

however had he dragged that sort of comment up from a posting on this board all well and good, if anything i come out of it with more credibility than a poster who has to go on another forum and search through 4192 posts i have made on the bunker still they must be long nights in the haw haw household.

no6bus

Quote from: perseus on June 23, 2012, 08: PM
Agreed No6. I post on the bunker from time to time, under another name to this one. Sometimes i'm shot down on there, some times i'm applauded. On here though, what you'll have to realise is the minute you start 'winning' the debate, some people (not all, but some) resort to trying to attack your credibility or even they just resort to logging on in fake names pretending to be someone else and post stupid songs. (see other thread on immigration for details).

cheers for the tip so thats where i am going wrong by having the audacity to use a single user name, mmmm it cant be too difficult to reinvent myself on here.

no on second thoughts i'll stick to having the one that i post on everything bar facebook with.

mk1

I hate to keep repeating this point but if anyone gets on your t*tts then it is fatal to  tell them.
It  makes them feel as if they are getting somewhere.
Never defend yourself, always attack. Make your point  and do not  get bogged down replying to endless minor quibbles.

no6bus

not4me

Just about anything you want it to mean and absolutely nothing at the same time.  ;)

not4me

You're forgetting the part that the little packet of crisps in helping to produce the most obese generation the country has ever known. This leads to additional spending in the NHS and the raising of additional taxes to pay for it, the appointment of a plethora local Obesity Health Coordinators, the production of countless studies, reports and seminars which will conclude that 'over-eating and eating unhealthy items makes people fat'. Then there are the action plans and addition staff to implement them (more taxes).... the 'community schemes' to provide fresh vegetables and fruit to the disadvantaged (during the 16 hours a week that ASDA is actually shut)
Conclusion? Killing our kids threw shoving junk down their throats is good for the country because it increases economic activity. 

fred c

Were the offending crisps Cheese & Onion flavour by any chance ?

notenoughsaid

Sound most likely to have been "beefy"!!!

whatabouthisthen

Well you poolies.......... help me out.

The artists impression in the Mail seems to be showing the leisure centre to be at the Asda/Rhuim Terr end. Can this be correct, it there enough room etc? Those who have seen the full plans, what is going up where the existing centre/indoors bowls/pub now is?