Mill House Development

Started by popgoestheweasal., June 01, 2012, 01: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

popgoestheweasal.

Bear this in mind this is my 83 year mother telling me what see saw at the meeting at the millhouse . option 4 is favoured by the developer pub stays put but is revamped. Leisure centre backs onto morrisons with 3 levels wet. dry and bowls club. new stand and hotel on the football ground, houses on the site with a green belt and the odeon will be student accomadition when sorted by HBC.
if i'm wrong correct me. 

GXDN

I've asked this before but I didn't get an answer so I'll ask it again. Will someone tell me what giving away the football ground has to do with rebuilding the bowls club and swimming pool or even the Odeon? It seems to me that the taxpayer is being asked to pay for everything bar rebuilding the pub and if it wanted to do any of the above it could do so anyway if it had the money. What's it got to do with the football club?
People seem to be suggesting that if the council gives the football ground away all of these magical things will happen but the truth is one thing has absolutely nothing to do with the other - the council still has to find all of the money. The whole thing is a con if you ask me.

Lucy Lass-Tick

@GXDN - you're quite correct in stating that these schemes (however admirable) can be detached from one another. It is by no means the 'all or nothing' set up that some believe.

Inspector Knacker

I wonder why Pools are  so unpopular on this board.....? ::)
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

no6bus

pools, poles, the mayor, councillors, it would be easier to ask what they actually like on the board.

mk1

Quote from: Riddler5 on June 25, 2012, 09: PM
I wonder why Pools are  so unpopular on this board.....? ::)

Its the arrogant 'we deserve it attitude' and the total contempt for any other group in this myopic attempted  land grab.
Instead of paying for their hobby themselves  they want 'me' to contribute.
It is nothing to do with Pools but a  much wider issue of  special interest groups  lying and trying to get something for nothing.

Did you see the earlier posts on the Bunker where the more savy members warned the faithful to stop pushing the football aspect and promote on the employment and regeneration side of the plan?

I note in tonights Mail we got another fantasy figure for the  scheme. Now it is 53 million into the local economy and 37 million in investment!

Stig of the Seaton Dump

The 53 million into the local economy, will that come before or after the free electricity from nuclear power, my free banana from Dumbo or a super new job off the back of the money generated by tall ships or a job working for Able building wind turbines that is going to appear after dismantling the warships ?

The Mill House plan will no doubt happen as sure as the hospital will disappear.
It will be in our best interest and we will pay for it one way or another no matter if this is what we really want or don't want.

Big decisions that affect lots of people are always taken by few people.

I don't believe it.

whataboutthisthen

well people can you explain to me how the leisure centre is to be fitted in?

Monday's mail shows the area to be re-developed. There is a blanked off area at the Morrisons end that is, presumably in the regeneration area. This, I believe, is actually Morrisons. Do Morrisons know that they are to be redeveloped?

If you look at the artists impression on the same page, you will notice that the leisure centre butts up to Morrisons. I have been down to have a look and there is no way you can fit a leisure centre in, even if it was a one lane swimming pool. Perhaps a swimming pool is not included? Go onto Google maps and check the size of the existing leisure centre, never mind the indoor bowls, and you will see it just cannot be replicated in the position shown on the artists impression. If the impression is not to scale or wrong what use is it except to dupe the people of H'pool?

Of course, I could be wrong and that Morrisons is to be the new leisure centre!

not4me

it was just an artist's impression so perhaps the artist was an impressionist.... ;)

popgoestheweasal.

Has there never been land given away or given at a very low price before in the town. if the football club land was the first then maybe the council should tread carefully in case they set a president.
but if the council have done it in the past why is it a problem.
What i will say to the forum members is go to the meeting next week and ask your questions like i will be.

BresslawoffoftheBunker

MK1 - are you going to the MH Action group meetings in order to voice your concerns - I am thinking of going tonight, I'll buy you a pint if you do

mk1

Quote from: BresslawoffoftheBunker on July 03, 2012, 05: PM
MK1 - are you going to the MH Action group meetings in order to voice your concerns - I am thinking of going tonight, I'll buy you a pint if you do

I have no dog in this fight just an opinion.

BresslawoffoftheBunker

You didnt go then.................

popgoestheweasal.

I was there and apart from the lack of a mike it was o/k. bit like the other meeting but it was good to hear the council guy speak.
Starting to see the positives about this project.

BresslawoffoftheBunker

I was there, and it was fascinating listening, especially the first bloke !!!!!!