Cleveland Police Chief Resigns

Started by Lucy Lass-Tick, January 21, 2019, 03: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bluenose

MAYBE  I SHOULD APPOINT SOMEONE TO MY FIRM WITHOUT A REFERENCE AND BEING INVESTIGATED BY  PROFESSIONAL BODIES  AND SEE WHAT MY MANAGERS  DO  , BUT THEN AGAIN  I  WORK IN THE REAL WORLD

fred c

If ever a publicly elected person should resign it's PCC Coppinger.......How on earth did he decide on this bloke as the Chief Constable.......could have been a rolled up trouser leg and an exposed titty perhaps ?

Land Phil

Quote from: fred c on January 23, 2019, 05: PM
If ever a publicly elected person should resign it's PCC Coppinger.......How on earth did he decide on this bloke as the Chief Constable.......could have been a rolled up trouser leg and an exposed titty perhaps ?

I imagine that is how every Senior Labour position in the area is filled.

fred c

I asked the question at todays FnP meeting.....Given the resignation of the Chief Constable and the fact that he came with baggage and it was only after he was appointed that references were requested.......Would our council request the resignation of PCC Coppinger ?

The Chairman stated it had nothing to do with the Finance and Policy committee........SAB however added his tuppence worth and stated PCC Coppinger was doing a great job and had made a real difference, not just in Hartlepool but all over the Tees Valley.

Lucy Lass-Tick

Oh well, that makes everything alright, then ...

mk1

Quote from: fred c on January 28, 2019, 06: PM
I asked the question at todays FnP meeting.....Given the resignation of the Chief Constable and the fact that he came with baggage and it was only after he was appointed that references were requested.......Would our council request the resignation of PCC Coppinger ?

The Chairman stated it had nothing to do with the Finance and Policy committee........SAB however added his tuppence worth and stated PCC Coppinger was doing a great job and had made a real difference, not just in Hartlepool but all over the Tees Valley.

Reminds me of the time Drummond  became Acting Chair of Cleveland Police Committee and his first utterance was  fulsome praise  for Dave McLuckie (who had resigned from the Committee when he was arrested for  perverting the course of justice) who, as expected,  was then convicted and jailed!

https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/9813537.government-to-fund-cleveland-police-investigation/

UnknownUser

The chairman in that instance was quite right, however the other one wouldn't know a shoe from a hat even if labelled.
When the law no longer protects you from the corrupt, but protects the corrupt from you, you know your nation is doomed.

Ayn Rand

Inspector Knacker

.SAB however added his tuppence worth and stated PCC Coppinger was doing a great job and had made a real difference, not just in Hartlepool but all over the Tees Valley.
Well, shutting down vital parts of the the police station and officer numbers does 'make a real difference'!! Especially in Hartlepool. A real difference for the worst.
I imagine if this was any other Party in power doing this, he'd be giving a different story. That said, when every other major service has been drastically pruned or removed out of town to give us a better service (according to the grey suits), our Leading Councillors have been toothless little puppy dogs who've rolled over to have their fat belly's tickled and their heads patted.
There was no fight in them when it came to defending our services, they're weak, weak, weak.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

fred c

Quote from: UnknownUser on January 29, 2019, 05: PM

The chairman in that instance was quite right, however the other one wouldn't know a shoe from a hat even if labelled.

I was aware of the fact my point would be dismissed with no consideration from the F&P committee, apart of course from SAB's contribution.

The fact the 'Tory Mayor' called for the PCC's resignation was reason enough for the Chairmans answer, I thought it worthwhile asking the question despite knowing I was wasting my time.

If the council had a democratic process for asking questions in full council the question could have been raised then, unfortunately under the present LabTor ruling group the public don't have that option.

jeffh

Quote from: fred c on January 30, 2019, 07: AM

I was aware of the fact my point would be dismissed with no consideration from the F&P committee, apart of course from SAB's contribution.

The fact the 'Tory Mayor' called for the PCC's resignation was reason enough for the Chairmans answer, I thought it worthwhile asking the question despite knowing I was wasting my time.

If the council had a democratic process for asking questions in full council the question could have been raised then, unfortunately under the present LabTor ruling group the public don't have that option.

I don't think that option will be available under any future LabTor alliance

Inspector Knacker

When referring to the 'LabTor alliance', can it be speltLABtor, to show who's in charge. The tories are a joke all because they are prepared tag on behind the motley crew in charge. I find the whole thing head shakingly bizarre.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

UnknownUser

Quote from: jeffh on January 30, 2019, 09: AM
Quote from: fred c on January 30, 2019, 07: AM

I don't think that option will be available under any future LabTor alliance

I'm inclined to agree.
When the law no longer protects you from the corrupt, but protects the corrupt from you, you know your nation is doomed.

Ayn Rand