Mayoral Referendum

Started by The Great Dictator, October 28, 2012, 02: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stokoe

Quote from: mk1 on November 16, 2012, 01: PM
I re-read Dumbo's Mail article/suicide note and it is obvious the man had trawled through this site in order to  find ammunition to attack the Labour group.
I  note he also made great play of how he would be  fighting for a return of the Tall Ships fiasco!

think he would of been voted back in if he had he had took the fight to the corrupt lot.

btw the photo of the corrupt lot in the paper today(as anyone got it) there dont seem a g.c.e pass between the lot of them

rabbit

"Labour group leader Christopher Akers-Belcher, speaking to the Mail from Brighton, said: "I welcome the result because it means the people of Hartlepool will have a stronger voice in how the council is run.

why would he be down there (brighton)  ?"

Brighton is the "Gay Capital" of Britain?

http://gay.brighton.co.uk/
:-* :-*

stokoe

plenty reading the site at the moment, boost the figures for danny.

The Great Dictator

What, Mr Akers-Belcher is Gay, how do you know, how can you tell, is it because he looks like a pantomine dame ?

I must be getting old !

steveL

Quote from: stokoe on November 16, 2012, 12: PM
quote from hartlepool mail

Labour group leader Christopher Akers-Belcher, speaking to the Mail from Brighton, said: "I welcome the result because it means the people of Hartlepool will have a stronger voice in how the council is run.

why would he be down there (brighton)  ?

Brighton has been cited by the Labour Group as the model on which they would like to base the new Hartlepool Council. Brighton has a Council Leader who is paid £28,758 a year special responsibility allowance plus £10,272 basic allowance so nigh on £40,000 in total. It also strangely, has two 'deputy' leaders who each receive £17,254 special responsiblity plus the same £10,272 basic allowance (£27,526 total)
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

stokoe

Quote from: steveL on November 16, 2012, 01: PM

Labour group leader Christopher Akers-Belcher, speaking to the Mail from Brighton, said: "I welcome the result because it means the people of Hartlepool will have a stronger voice in how the council is run.

now if my maths serve me right,thats more than the mayor  :o

Brighton has been cited by the Labour Group as the model on which they would like to base the new Hartlepool Council. Brighton has a Council Leader who is paid £28,758 a year special responsibility allowance plus £10,272 basic allowance so nigh on £40,000 in total. It also strangely, has two 'deputy' leaders who each receive £17,254 special responsiblity plus the same £10,272 basic allowance (£27,526 total)

SRMoore

Quote from: stokoe on November 16, 2012, 01: PM
Quote from: steveL on November 16, 2012, 01: PM

DING DING DING DING DING
We have a winner!

Fact finding mission perhaps? Claimable perhaps? FOI request perhaps?

fred c

And so it begins...............

£60,000 for an elected Mayor

A possible £95,000 for a Leader & 2 Deputies

It really is time for the "Proper" labour councillors to stick their heads above the parapet & stand up to "The Mob".............

They could start by asking for a joint approach from themselves, the Indies, the 3 Tories & the 5 PHF councillors to hold an enquiry into the shenanigans within HBC, the evidence is there for everyone to see in the Peer Groups Report, which was less than flattering about the council & the governance of Hartlepool.

Will they be prepared to put the town first or will their political aspirations overcome civic duty, if they choose the latter, i think we can expect the Peer Review Report to end up in the shredder.

SRMoore

Quote from: fred c on November 16, 2012, 02: PM
And so it begins...............

£60,000 for an elected Mayor

A possible £95,000 for a Leader & 2 Deputies

It really is time for the "Proper" labour councillors to stick their heads above the parapet & stand up to "The Mob".............

They could start by asking for a joint approach from themselves, the Indies, the 3 Tories & the 5 PHF councillors to hold an enquiry into the shenanigans within HBC, the evidence is there for everyone to see in the Peer Groups Report, which was less than flattering about the council & the governance of Hartlepool.

Will they be prepared to put the town first or will their political aspirations overcome civic duty, if they choose the latter, i think we can expect the Peer Review Report to end up in the shredder.

Fred, I wholeheartedly agree with what you are calling on those "proper" Labour councillors to do but it won't happen because of PHF.
Perseus and I have contacted you and numerous others in PHF, including your group leader, with the hope of bringing about what you are asking for. We have also contacted independents, UKIP and Labour members, all of whome are open to the idea of us putting political idiology aside and Putting Hartlepool First.

Do you know why this plan couldn't go ahead? Because Steve refused to work with the Tories until Wells quit, you said you'd had a think about it and you believed it best not to work together on it and Councillor Lilley didn't even reply to the email sent to him!

Now if you honestly want to make a difference and highlight the issues please speak to your party members and councillors and speak to either myself or Perseus when PHF is prepared to walk the walk and not just talk. You have my contact details.

fred c

The thought of me having any influence with anyone is a bit fantastical...... some days i don`t know if i am going down the stairs or going up the stairs.

My opinion is just that, i don`t have any influence on the views of anyone else, be it PHF supporters & Councillors or Tory or Independent Councillors.

Maybe the latest development in Hartlepool politics will provoke food for thought amongst all groups on how best to deal with "The Mob"

steveL

I don't speak for PHF; I speak for me and to some extent HTH and everyone at HTH has very good reason not to give Ray Wells the time of day.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

SRMoore

I didn't say either of you have influence or speak on their behalf. You are both party members and as such you have the right to speak to your committee and members about this issue. You could, for example, ask Geoff why he didn't even reply to an email from Perseus about this issue. You're more likely to have more luck getting an answer than I am aren't you.

As for your beef with Ray, Steve. I don't know what it is but the simple fact is that I am not Ray and it is ME who is asking you.

marky

Rue the day; rue the hour

mk1

Just saw footage on BBC 1.
I saw Angie (in grey cardie) talking to a midget in a metalic suit. They looked very 'close'.