Mayoral Referendum

Started by The Great Dictator, October 28, 2012, 02: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Great Dictator

Shane, will you be delivering a leaflet against an elected mayor then ??

SRMoore

No. I've said from day one that I will not be campaigning either way.
I have my own oppinion and I know how I will be voting but I will not be trying to sway voters either way.

The Great Dictator

Well your councillors are so why dont you support them ?

SRMoore

That's up to them to do. I have always maintained that I would stay as neutral as possible and allow people to make their own mind up.

SRMoore

I think you crossed threads by mistake Kipperdip.

I am supporting Ken Lupton and not just because he is a tory. I know Ken and have known him for a while. I also know that he would be an ideal choice for the job.
Having said that my post in the PCC thread states that I obviously do NOT like the fact that his campaigning on behalf of the residents of Stockton resulted in a loss of hospital services in Hartlepool. At the same time however I have said that if we had councillors who were prepared to put in the fight in Hartlepool as Ken did in Stockton we may not be in the situation we are now.

steveL

I agree but it's all down to whether or not people get off their butts to vote.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

steveL

Interesting that Labour party policy is still to support the elected mayoral system and as this Northern Echo article points out, there is no move at Middlesbrough to have a referendum.

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/10045875.Mayoral_voters_say_system_is_the_most_democratic_way/?ref=rss
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

BresslawoffoftheBunker

Thanks for the nice comment Perseus.  You sanctimonious t*a*

fred c

I read the comments on the Bunker Forum & was impressed with the level headed comments from the Bunkerites..... it would certainly help matters along if they occasionally used HTH to comment in the same informed & level headed manner as on the Bunker Post.

Not sure about the football side of the Bunker, a lot of it goes over my head tbh..... i was used to an egg shaped ball

steveL

Ironic really, being so close to Remembrance Day, just how little value is attached to that precious vote.

steveL

Early indications suggest that the 'No to an Elected Mayor' have it but that it's not a whitewash

steveL

7366 for Committee
5177 for Elected mayor

The Great Dictator

Back to Garlands for drummond.

stokoe

quote from hartlepool mail

Labour group leader Christopher Akers-Belcher, speaking to the Mail from Brighton, said: "I welcome the result because it means the people of Hartlepool will have a stronger voice in how the council is run.

why would he be down there (brighton)  ?

mk1

I re-read Dumbo's Mail article/suicide note and it is obvious the man had trawled through this site in order to  find ammunition to attack the Labour group.
I  note he also made great play of how he would be  fighting for a return of the Tall Ships fiasco!