The great unveiling.

Started by Inspector Knacker, June 22, 2018, 03: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inspector Knacker

The toilet block holder art work was unveiled today. Thronging crowds and packed open top buses queueing back to Newburn bridge were conspicuous by their absence.
It cost how much?
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Stig of the Seaton Dump

Was it manufactured in Hartlepool ?
...by the same team that built the Angel of the North by any chance ?
I don't believe it.

BresslawoffoftheBunker

Stig of the Seaton Dump

I don't believe it.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: BresslawoffoftheBunker on June 22, 2018, 05: PM
Miserable bas**ar*s
Your ancestors may have been cheering furiously when the Kings new clothes were revealed, but mine was the small boy who called it as he saw it.
Obviously you deem it 'luverrrrly'. A fan of the 'I haven't got a bleedin clue' school of 'Art' who just nods in agreement.

BresslawoffoftheBunker

Thanks for that.   Clown

Inspector Knacker

I was expecting at the very least a constructive defence of it's 'artistic' virtues. Do enlighten us with your 'vision' and interpretation of it's maritime connection. I'm at a loss myself,  but then I'm just a likkle clown.
Custard pies anyone?

BresslawoffoftheBunker

I'd rather just enjoy what is is. You'd rather be a miserable t*a*.   I'm happy with that

Truthache

It looked a little inconspicuous on Look North against the opening of the major Exhibition of the North on Tyneside.  #outgunned

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: BresslawoffoftheBunker on June 22, 2018, 10: PM
I'd rather just enjoy what is is. You'd rather be a miserable t*a*.   I'm happy with that
Your inability to offer a  constructive defence of the 'art work' and indulge in debate on it's 'merits' in an adult manner is disappointing.The use of sweary Mary terms just detracts even further.

BresslawoffoftheBunker

Your ancestors may have been cheering furiously when the Kings new clothes were revealed, but mine was the small boy who called it as he saw it.
Obviously you deem it 'luverrrrly'. A fan of the 'I haven't got a bleedin clue' school of 'Art' who just nods in agreement."

You mean that kind of debate?

Inspector Knacker

My humorous response to your crude expletives  you mean?

BresslawoffoftheBunker

Inspector Knacker

I realise humour is a distant country you have never visited, but even poor humour is preferable to trading expletives. I refuse to descend to that level.
Now about your defence of our latest piece of 'art', you take on it's merits are?

BresslawoffoftheBunker

I like it.  I like most art.  I also like the kids involvement and the fact that locals collected the sea glass that helped make it. 

I have no doubt that it will be vandalised but that's not he artists fault.  I also know people will knock it because that's 'what they do'.